English literature alevel help Grade A*

Watch
Sarahloww
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi I’m currently studying english literature in alevels.I was wondering what could get me the top grade such as a A/A*.We are currently doing handmaids tale ,importance of being earnest and the decade of poetry.Wondering if anyone has good essays or essay plans notes or any advice?plz
Misty_Cloud2208
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Sarahloww)
Hi I’m currently studying english literature in alevels.I was wondering what could get me the top grade such as a A/A*.We are currently doing handmaids tale ,importance of being earnest and the decade of poetry.Wondering if anyone has good essays or essay plans notes or any advice?plz
I am still doing AS, different novels but same poem anthology. My teachers really emphasize the importance of knowing your Assessment Objectives inside out and knowing which ones apply to which questions and that can really help boost your grade. Just remember to cover all aspects be it language, structure, narrative voice and context (also critical perspectives if AO5 is being tested)

Making a plan of some sort maybe just even noting key words of points needed to be addressed before attempting the essay can also help improve the structure of your essay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.19%
I'm not sure (27)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.55%
I have already dropped out (12)
2%
I'm not a current university student (286)
47.75%

Watched Threads