Ananya.badithe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello guys,
So I am in year 12 right now doing psychology, maths, English literature and physics.
So far I was confident that I would be able to do all 4 of the subjects but due to all the covid 19 quarantine I am less sure about it. Because we are going to have to pretty much teach ourselves most of the content and English literature is heavy enough now self learning, it's even more crazy.
So, I am sure I want to do psychology and maths, but I am thinking of dropping either physics or english lit. I really physics, it's very fun but I don't think I have ever considered a life long commitment for a career or a degree in that field. On the other hand, English I do enjoy it, but I guess I am scared of how much context there is, but I do see myself going into that field- like into media or something.
At this point, I am crazy confused, like panicked level confused on what to drop. I am most likely to do a psychology degree or something, and physics and English both can be useful for it. Which just makes it even harder to decide what to drop.
I need help.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Ananya.badithe)
Hello guys,
So I am in year 12 right now doing psychology, maths, English literature and physics.
So far I was confident that I would be able to do all 4 of the subjects but due to all the covid 19 quarantine I am less sure about it. Because we are going to have to pretty much teach ourselves most of the content and English literature is heavy enough now self learning, it's even more crazy.
So, I am sure I want to do psychology and maths, but I am thinking of dropping either physics or english lit. I really physics, it's very fun but I don't think I have ever considered a life long commitment for a career or a degree in that field. On the other hand, English I do enjoy it, but I guess I am scared of how much context there is, but I do see myself going into that field- like into media or something.
At this point, I am crazy confused, like panicked level confused on what to drop. I am most likely to do a psychology degree or something, and physics and English both can be useful for it. Which just makes it even harder to decide what to drop.
I need help.
Self teaching is fine as long as you have decent textbooks imo, bit I accept not easy for some.
If you believe you might struggle then just choose the ones that meet entrance criteria (psych rarely has any other than grades) and then do the 3 you can get the highest grades in with least effort.
Bethbxo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Ananya.badithe)
Hello guys,
What texts are you doing for English Lit? We did Dracula, TBC, Frankenstein, Twelfth Night, Christina Rossetti and AIH. I can guide you through the course if you want. I loved English Lit - a god send of a subject!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (723)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (919)
42.92%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (406)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed