lebowsky
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi Guy's,

Hope you're safe and in good health!

I am an international Student, have 5 year of relevant industry experience from a Silicon Valley company and hold a BSc in Business IT Major Data Science and Data Engineering from a University in Switzerland.

I now look forward to studying a Master's degree in Business Analytics or Data Science 2020/2021, and completed my first wave with applications for Imperial, UCL and Kings. BTW: UCL rejected me within 5 days. -.-

I was wondering if you have some good advice, which universities I should consider, applying next. I am not so familiar with the ranking system, so I have only yet considered universities because of word-of-mouth marketing.

Thanks for your advice!
Diplomatic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by lebowsky)
Hi Guy's,

I am an international Student, have 5 year of relevant industry experience from a Silicon Valley company and hold a BSc in Business IT Major Data Science and Data Engineering from a University in Switzerland.

I now look forward to studying a Master's degree in Business Analytics or Data Science 2020/2021, and completed my first wave with applications for Imperial, UCL and Kings. BTW: UCL rejected me within 5 days. -.-

I was wondering if you have some good advice, which universities I should consider, applying next. I am not so familiar with the ranking system, so I have only yet considered universities because of word-of-mouth marketing.

Thanks for your advice!
Do you know why UCL rejected you?
lebowsky
Rep:
?
(Original post by Diplomatic)
Do you know why UCL rejected you?
No, it was just like a general sentence.
RoseHadj
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hello, i hope you're doing well!

I'm an international student as well, i applied for msc in business analytics at UCL for sept. 2020. I'm currently studying Economics with just 4 months experience at my country's central bank as an internship and UCL took about 4 weeks to reply asking for a video interview and i'm still waiting for an offer/rejection. Did they reject you without an interview (means you're shortlisted)? Since you seem like a strong candidate and have relevant work experience i'd say they may didn't like something about your personal statement or recommendation letters? It would be nice if you could provide your GPA as well. For business analytics, I applied to Warwick, Imperial, UCL, Edinburgh and Southampton.
(Original post by lebowsky)
Hi Guy's,

Thanks for your advice!
lebowsky
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoseHadj)

I'm an international student as well, i applied for msc in business analytics at UCL for sept. 2020. I'm currently studying Economics with just 4 months experience at my country's central bank as an internship and UCL took about 4 weeks to reply asking for a video interview and i'm still waiting for an offer/rejection. Did they reject you without an interview (means you're shortlisted)? Since you seem like a strong candidate and have relevant work experience i'd say they may didn't like something about your personal statement or recommendation letters? It would be nice if you could provide your GPA as well. For business analytics, I applied to Warwick, Imperial, UCL, Edinburgh and Southampton.
Hey,

I am fine thanks. It's great to get in touch with someone who also applied for the same Universities as I did. My prio 1 will be Imperial and I really hope they will take me. Yeah about UCL, I have some assumptions; I had a typo in the document name I uploaded, It didn't bother me because I thought the system will overwrite the name anyway, also it might be my university where I graduated, it's a polytechnical university and the grades were a 3.5 GPA. I have no GMAT and my IELTS just got cancelled due to the COVID situation.

A work colleague of mine has been in talent management in the UK, and she mentioned to me that I might have failed through the ATS system, so apparently they did not like something on my letters....

I am thinking of applying to Edinburgh, Warwick, Bath and Leeds in the UK. Meanwhile, I was also looking in Europe, ESSEC and ESADE might be also worth a shot.

Cheers!
m121
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

Hi,
I have applied for business analytics for loughborough (received an offer) and am still waiting to hear back from UCL, warwick, UEA, lancaster and queen marys.
Can I ask, did you hear back from any of them? I hope it went well!
RoseHadj
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by m121)
Hi,
I have applied for business analytics for loughborough (received an offer) and am still waiting to hear back from UCL, warwick, UEA, lancaster and queen marys.
Can I ask, did you hear back from any of them? I hope it went well!
I have offers from UCL, Warwick and Edinburgh. I applied back in December.
m121
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have offers from UCL, Warwick and Edinburgh. I applied back in December.
Well done!
I recently got offered a UCL interview.

Can I ask please:
- Did you find the interview hard?
- Were there many technical questions and were they difficult?

Thank you in advance!
RoseHadj
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by m121)
Well done!
I recently got offered a UCL interview.

Can I ask please:
- Did you find the interview hard?
- Were there many technical questions and were they difficult?

Thank you in advance!
Hello, sorry for the late reply!!
UCL's interview was more difficult than Imperial's for me, but still received offers. Not too technical you need to have knowledge on the course, your plans, the university and general knowledge. Be confident and sound sure about yourself.
m121
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello, sorry for the late reply!!
UCL's interview was more difficult than Imperial's for me, but still received offers. Not too technical you need to have knowledge on the course, your plans, the university and general knowledge. Be confident and sound sure about yourself.
That’s okay thank you anyway, I managed to get an offer in the end! Where did you accept?
RoseHadj
Rep:
?
Report 11 minutes ago
(Original post by m121)
That’s okay thank you anyway, I managed to get an offer in the end! Where did you accept?
I accepted Warwick's offer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (15)
20.27%
Better than expected (16)
21.62%
Worse than expected (43)
58.11%

Watched Threads