The Student Room Group

Entry with GCEs

Can i gain entry into a Bsc in Computer Science possibly through a foundation course, in UK, when the only qualification I have are Cambridge GCE Olevels?
Original post by morelazythanwoke
Can i gain entry into a Bsc in Computer Science possibly through a foundation course, in UK, when the only qualification I have are Cambridge GCE Olevels?

Almost certainly not. There are a handful of foundation courses who might take you.
You are better off doing either an access course or an access course plus A levels maths.
I normalise advise against foundation courses.
Original post by 999tigger
Almost certainly not. There are a handful of foundation courses who might take you.
You are better off doing either an access course or an access course plus A levels maths.
I normalise advise against foundation courses.

Hey thanks for your answer. What would be an access course? Can you point me in the right direction. I'm 24 btw. Just want to get my life back on track.
Hey thanks for your answer. What would be an access course? Can you point me in the right direction. I'm 24 btw. Just want to get my life back on track.

https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/

A 1 year course run by colleges that will get you into most UK unis if you perform well enough.

Hi there @morelazythanwoke

As @999tigger says look at an Access course. Another advantage to them besides only taking a single academic year to complete is you may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the cost. And if you complete your undergraduate degree the cost of the loan is written off!

Fi :horse:

ETA: Advanced Learner Loans only generally apply to taking an Access course at a physical college rather than online
(edited 4 years ago)

i am on a access course with stonebridge its online learning.
stonebridge online access course
Thanks for the replies. I kept thinking I was at a dead-end. The internet saved me. I really dont know how i never came across Access to HE courses before. I will look into it. Again, thank you all very much.
Thanks for the replies. I kept thinking I was at a dead-end. The internet saved me. I really dont know how i never came across Access to HE courses before. I will look into it. Again, thank you all very much.

Hey there @morelazythanwoke

You're welcome and good luck!

Fi :horse:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending