Uni have accused an assignment of mine for “academic misconduct”

Watch
Superstargal25
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi people! Help needed.
I’m a foundation year student who is waiting for a mark for a essay I had to do for this awful mandatory module. They were already late marking it, I have not plagiarised anything and I have referenced my sources. Still, it has been put into a further delay. I also have dyslexia,dyspraxia and autism-does this change anything in the marking process? I submitted the essay in on time and it wasn’t late. :/ at this point I might just leave the uni I’m at , save me money and go to open university instead. I am just getting a bit suspicious, evaluating my experience.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Have you been accused of buying the assignment from another student/website or plagiarism? :confused:
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What is it you've actually been accused of? Academic Misconduct is a broad category.
Superstargal25
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Have you been accused of buying the assignment from another student/website or plagiarism? :confused:
I have not done either of those. Apparently it’s “referencing” issues. As I said I am in a foundation year programme, and for some modules that are mandatory they mix students up from different programmes. This causes clashes with referencing. I do creative writing so my referencing style of Chicago but the mandatory module department uses Harvard. We were told by our course leader to use the referencing style for our degree pathway. Bless the emoji. I am just as confused.
Superstargal25
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
What is it you've actually been accused of? Academic Misconduct is a broad category.
The course leader has not really specified what is wrong they just linked the academic misconduct policy. They said it is being checked over and will come back in the next 5 days.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Superstargal25)
Hi people! Help needed.

They were already late marking it
Irrelevant.

a I have not plagiarised anything and I have referenced my sources. Still, it has been put into a further delay. :
So it's late being marked? Is that all?

I also have dyslexia,dyspraxia and autism-does this change anything in the marking process?
No, of course not. Why should it?

I submitted the essay in on time and it wasn’t late. :/ at this point I might just leave the uni I’m at , save me money and go to open university instead. I am just getting a bit suspicious, evaluating my experience.
What exactly is the problem, then? From a later post, you seem to be suggesting that you've used the wrong referencing system and that's why the work is being referred. Why is this a problem then?
Superstargal25
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Irrelevant.

So it's late being marked? Is that all?

No, of course not. Why should it?

What exactly is the problem, then? From a later post, you seem to be suggesting that you've used the wrong referencing system and that's why the work is being referred. Why is this a problem then?
It probably will turn out not to be. I guess I just got a jump scare when I was told there be a delay in the marking. My referencing was correct for my faculty. And I was told to use Chicago. I’ll keep you updated on what happens next. I know I sound a bit manic. If it is just about the “wrong style” when I was told to use the one for my degree pathway by the course leader. I’m going to go walking out and take my money with me
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It probably will turn out not to be. I guess I just got a jump scare when I was told there be a delay in the marking. My referencing was correct for my faculty. And I was told to use Chicago. I’ll keep you updated on what happens next. I know I sound a bit manic. If it is just about the “wrong style” when I was told to use the one for my degree pathway by the course leader. I’m going to go walking out and take my money with me
Yep, I really wouldn't worry about it. Using the wrong referencing style really isn't a big deal, particularly if the referencing itself is good.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
Hi people! Help needed.
I’m a foundation year student who is waiting for a mark for a essay I had to do for this awful mandatory module. They were already late marking it, I have not plagiarised anything and I have referenced my sources. Still, it has been put into a further delay. I also have dyslexia,dyspraxia and autism-does this change anything in the marking process? I submitted the essay in on time and it wasn’t late. :/ at this point I might just leave the uni I’m at , save me money and go to open university instead. I am just getting a bit suspicious, evaluating my experience.
You shouldnt do anything until you know what the charge is against you and the bits of your work they have an issue with.
Once you know that, then post back here.
Your dyslexia,dyspraxia and autism may be relevant and it may not.
Wait and find out plus be patient before making a knee jerk reaction.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (534)
33.99%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (647)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (318)
20.24%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed