The Student Room Group

Masters intercalation medicine please help :)

hi all, hope you are well and keeping safe

i have a question please that I am really confused about and so would REALLY appreciate any help from anyone

i am a fourth year med student, and hoping to intercalate next academic year. i am hoping to do a masters course at the same uni. I heard that the masters course have exam board in late october and results released early november, HOWEVER, fpas/oriel application usually ends early-mid october. i have looked at the handbook and it says that all results should be achieved by the application deadline.

as you can see im in a bit of trouble here as the masters results would not be ready until after. i am really hoping to do the masters and am hoping to make it count, and so it would be ashame to put in all that work and miss out on points all because of a few weeks difference.

in the handbook, it says this- 'If you are claiming points for an additional degree in the Educational Achievements section of the
application form but do not have a copy of your degree certificate for any reason, you must provide a degree
confirmation letter for the points to be awarded. The degree confirmation letter is particularly relevant in
circumstances where the degree has not yet been conferred at a degree ceremony. For the degree
confirmation letter to be accepted, the relevant examination board must have ratified that you have
successfully completed your degree course by the application closing date'

what exactly does this mean? is there a way to make it work?

i have spoken to someone who did a masters at a different uni for intercalation who was in a similar situation, and she said that her uni wrote a letter that just gave her PREDICTED RESULTS as they assume a pass anyway apparently. although the handbook and others say something else so really confused

i guess my question is, can someone please explain what exactly the handbook means in terms of ratified, degree etc and whether there is a way i can still make this work for me, considering the dates i provided. i would also like to hear your stories if you were in a similiar situation.

really appreciate any help. have always found this place really helpful. maybe this can help others too as i cant find any posts on this :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending