NHS doctor lied to my aunt's neighbour

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So my aunt's neighbour (who has an 88 year old mother livign with them) has all the symptoms of coronavirus, dry cough, high temp etc. Yet when she's spoken to a doctor she's been diagnosed with....vertigo. And is now being forced to go out to take vertigo medication. surely they can't be doing this and putting her life at risk by sending her out?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Doctor love to lie to their patients, especially if it puts the community at risk. Not.
RodStewertFan
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Have a second opinion. Or phone 111, but make sure you talk to a doctor rather than a 111 call handler who knows nothing.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Doctor love to lie to their patients, especially if it puts the community at risk. Not.
Or because they don't want to test etc under orders from gov. Think it was a 111 call hander, they could barely speak english
Da14a
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Or because they don't want to test etc under orders from gov. Think it was a 111 call hander, they could barely speak english
I hope it was the call handler and not a doctor as if they attributed a high temp and dry cough to some vertigo that would be...
Hope your aunt's neighbour gets better and the person living with her doesn't catch it if it turns out be covid-19.
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
So "doctor" in the thread title is a lie by you.

Under orders from the government? What orders would those be?
Yourmainmancj
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
That's not good, i hope your family and friend get better soon.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ageshallnot)
So "doctor" in the thread title is a lie by you.

Under orders from the government? What orders would those be?
idk, get the numbers of infections down to make it look like they're doing okay?
2500_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
111 won't prescribe unless it's a repeat prescription and then it takes unusual circumstances.
There's something vital missing from this story.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
So my aunt's neighbour (who has an 88 year old mother livign with them) has all the symptoms of coronavirus, dry cough, high temp etc. Yet when she's spoken to a doctor she's been diagnosed with....vertigo. And is now being forced to go out to take vertigo medication. surely they can't be doing this and putting her life at risk by sending her out?
Your story sounds less likely each post you make.
Ring 111 again and take it from there.
You are anonymous, so you fall in the least trustworthy/ trollworthycategory.
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
idk, get the numbers of infections down to make it look like they're doing okay?
Your thread title is misleading and scaremongering. So why should anyone believe your latest scaremongering and unfounded claim???
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 2500_2)
111 won't prescribe unless it's a repeat prescription and then it takes unusual circumstances.
There's something vital missing from this story.
Such as the truth?
karelina
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Always get a second opinion.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Lots of things cause a cough and a fever, and I'm sure your neighbour is more likely to disclose all their symptoms to a doctor rather than you. If they didn't have symptoms of vertigo, the doctor would not have diagnosed them with this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (60)
32.09%
Yes - a trusted person (50)
26.74%
No (52)
27.81%
I'm not sure (25)
13.37%

Watched Threads