The Student Room Group

As a girl would you appreciate this, even after only 2 dates?

So back in January I (20) matched with this girl (18) on tinder, one thing went to another and we really seemed to hit it off, our personality bounced off one another and we arranged to meet up for a drink, things again went really well and we went on a 2nd date, all between these dates we were chatting frequently daily, and still have been up to today; so obviously with everything that’s going on at the moment a 3rd date isn’t possible at the moment, I’m trying to still let her know I’m interested and not let things die out, especially as I’m not sure how long this will last.

When or if I’m up early enough I’ll usually send her a message like “Good morning x” or something along them lines but the other day I sent Good Morning beautiful x How are you 😚” to try and I guess see how she would respond, and well she responded well to it (I mean she didn’t brush me off anyway) and seen as though we are talking on Snapchat I responded to a selfie she took and posted on her story saying “Look stunning ☺️” which again she responded well to, plus the texts we send each other are playful and not that serious anyway, you know lots of emojis and stuff like that (dunno if that means anything but the convos don’t feel dull is what I’m saying)

I guess my question is, I know why I’m sending these messages trying to up the flirting a little, bit if you had only been on 2 dates with a guy would you appreciate these kinds of messages or would you think it’s too forward, we have been talking daily I guess in texting but regardless?
I'd be fine with it! It makes you feel good and shows that the guy is interested in you.

Keep it up! It'll be reassuring for her to know you're still interested even with this lockdown! :h: Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So back in January I (20) matched with this girl (18) on tinder, one thing went to another and we really seemed to hit it off, our personality bounced off one another and we arranged to meet up for a drink, things again went really well and we went on a 2nd date, all between these dates we were chatting frequently daily, and still have been up to today; so obviously with everything that’s going on at the moment a 3rd date isn’t possible at the moment, I’m trying to still let her know I’m interested and not let things die out, especially as I’m not sure how long this will last.

When or if I’m up early enough I’ll usually send her a message like “Good morning x” or something along them lines but the other day I sent Good Morning beautiful x How are you 😚” to try and I guess see how she would respond, and well she responded well to it (I mean she didn’t brush me off anyway) and seen as though we are talking on Snapchat I responded to a selfie she took and posted on her story saying “Look stunning ☺️” which again she responded well to, plus the texts we send each other are playful and not that serious anyway, you know lots of emojis and stuff like that (dunno if that means anything but the convos don’t feel dull is what I’m saying)

I guess my question is, I know why I’m sending these messages trying to up the flirting a little, bit if you had only been on 2 dates with a guy would you appreciate these kinds of messages or would you think it’s too forward, we have been talking daily I guess in texting but regardless?

not a girl but.. "only 2 dates" woah. tbh normally i'm done with the guy after #date1, isn't that what hookup apps are for? i'd find the constant texting annoying. are you actually trying to get into a relationship with her?
Reply 3
Original post by Ciel.
not a girl but.. "only 2 dates" woah. tbh normally i'm done with the guy after #date1, isn't that what hookup apps are for? i'd find the constant texting annoying. are you actually trying to get into a relationship with her?

I’m not after a “hookup” and I wasn’t using a “hookup” app, I was using tinder to try and find a genuine relationship, and it’s not constant, sometimes she initiates sometimes I do, so I haven’t got a hint or feeling that it’s coming across annoying, from my end at least it seems mutual
Nah, I'd think it's quite sweet.
Reply 5
I’m not after a “hookup” and I wasn’t using a “hookup” app, I was using tinder to try and find a genuine relationship, and it’s not constant, sometimes she initiates sometimes I do, so I haven’t got a hint or feeling that it’s coming across annoying, from my end at least it seems mutual

isn't tinder basically grindr but for straight people?
Reply 6
Original post by Ciel.
isn't tinder basically grindr but for straight people?

Erm, yes and no, I’ve seen people on there that are just after a hookup but there are also plenty of people on there who genuinely after a relationship and to find someone to get to know
Reply 7
Erm, yes and no, I’ve seen people on there that are just after a hookup but there are also plenty of people on there who genuinely after a relationship and to find someone to get to know

ohh i see. so complicated 🙈 maybe you should also video chat or something, proper dating might be rough in the current situation
Reply 8
Yes!
Yeah that's actually kinda sweet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending