Want to return back home even after lockdown, is it still possible?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Folk back at home want my boyfriend and I to return back tomorrow, is it still possible even under the lockdown?

We'll be picked up by car, so no public transport involved.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yeah, you will probably get stopped by police and questioned though (depending where you are in the country).
But think is it actually necessary you go back? Hypothetically you could be infecting people or they could infect you....
Unless you need to I wouldn't
Sophhhowa
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Possible? Yes
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Yeah, you will probably get stopped by police and questioned though (depending where you are in the country).
But think is it actually necessary you go back? Hypothetically you could be infecting people or they could infect you....
Unless you need to I wouldn't
We're currently In Portsmouth heading to Surrey area, do you know of any news there?
We also haven't left the flat in 2 weeks and have no symptoms, same for the fam back at home. We were planning to self isolate there for another week just to be sure, but I'm positive we're all good.

I'm known to get quite anxious and run into many panic attacks so home is where the comfort is at, and we wanted to be 100% sure before going back thus why we're only going back now.
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
We're currently In Portsmouth heading to Surrey area, do you know of any news there?
We also haven't left the flat in 2 weeks and have no symptoms, same for the fam back at home. We were planning to self isolate there for another week just to be sure, but I'm positive we're all good.

I'm known to get quite anxious and run into many panic attacks so home is where the comfort is at, and we wanted to be 100% sure before going back thus why we're only going back now.
I don't know of news specific to areas. You and your family should be on top of that, I don't look into every region of the UK cause I don't have the time but all regions have cases.
If you are going to move then sooner is better rather than later. I wouldn't be surprised if that in a week we are under stricter lockdown (i.e. no one but key workers can leave kind of idea)
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Hi!

My friend yesterday drove from Bristol to Portsmouth and back to Bristol because he was moving out of his Uni house and to my knowledge he didn't get stopped by police. As you have isolated for 2 weeks and so have your family who will be picking you up then I believe you aren't at risk as you have done the right thing (as long as you don't come into contact with other people between leaving your residence and getting into the car and then getting out of the car and getting into your house). If you do get questioned then simply tell the truth and let them know that you have all self isolated for 2 weeks and when you arrive back home you are going to go inside straight away and continue to self isolate.
You're doing the right thing by travelling in a car though instead of public transport and putting your wellbeing first as I know this is a stressful time for many people

I hope this helped!
Erin - Official Student Rep
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You should NOT be doing this. You have been directed to stay at home.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.49%
I'm not sure (51)
4.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (331)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.02%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed