***Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2021 Thread**

Watch
Vignesh2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, I had applied for the work experience this year being in my last year of school and they have obviously been cancelled. Do you know anything else I can be doing to help build my CV other than insight days and spring weeks?

Also would you think that the banks will accept work experience if I am in my first year of uni because of the pandemic? If not do you think it would be a disadvantage even if I do insight days and spring weeks etc?
Arthur7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello, I'm a french student and I'm really impressed of your work. Thanks for all this help.
Sean0000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Are there any more Consulting spring weeks rather than the two which the thread has mentioned?(Missed the BCG one as I've just seen it today), cheers!
Emerald Wei
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm wondering how I can fill in the GPA/Grade section for spring week application when I haven't even started uni yet...
Athxrv
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Can I apply in my first year if I'm doing a 4 year course but I might want to change to a 3 year one later?
rebellionium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Athxrv)
Can I apply in my first year if I'm doing a 4 year course but I might want to change to a 3 year one later?
i wonder too
username3626310
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Does anyone know what sort of psychometric tests are used and how to prepare for them?
rebellionium
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
everyone here has some relevant work experience? I have nothing since I'm international student and it's uncommon in my place to have job shadowing/work experience for high school students. I have no finance related activities, really don't know what to do with cv now. covid 19 makes it impossible to join anything rn. i have lots of experience in tech, but it doesn't help much in finance. none of the activities i joined are impressive enough, like club president in high school, public speaking competition.. is there anything i can do?
La_loca
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Can you apply to spring weeks as a gap year student?
Anas0978
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey guys. If anybody has any tips on the cover letter/ personal statement and CV, i would sincerely appreciate some help
honeydukes01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Are people putting in predicted uni classification? Seems a bit premature and without foundation to put one when we haven’t started uni yet lol but idk if they expect one???
Athxrv
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by honeydukes01)
Are people putting in predicted uni classification? Seems a bit premature and without foundation to put one when we haven’t started uni yet lol but idk if they expect one???
Yeah you put it in since it asks you when you fill in the application to banks like Goldman, but it's obvious that it may not be accurate so just pop in a 1st or a 2nd.
honeydukes01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Athxrv)
Yeah you put it in since it asks you when you fill in the application to banks like Goldman, but it's obvious that it may not be accurate so just pop in a 1st or a 2nd.
oh sick! do you reckon predicting a cheeky 1st makes you look cocky or is it okay?
Jonathanzhu777
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Wondering how shall we prepare for online tests? Thanks for help.
Utd4life0101
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Is it better to wait till you are in uni to apply or is it better to apply before uni? Only asking because you will be unable to put down uni societies/sports on your application.
rebellionium
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
should i apply if im international student and didn't do any impressive activities/finance related in high school? i only have public speaking competitions, president of a school club, some tech competitions.
none of those competitions are well known in the UK.
do almost all student who got in spring weeks has impressive finance related experience? internships for high school students are rare in my country.,
JamesHardenRocks
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Utd4life0101)
Is it better to wait till you are in uni to apply or is it better to apply before uni? Only asking because you will be unable to put down uni societies/sports on your application.
Wait till you're in - wait till grades are confirmed, for now begin doing research on events and virtual coffees you could attended so you know more about which programs and divisions you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhHZKEYKBo
JamesHardenRocks
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by honeydukes01)
oh sick! do you reckon predicting a cheeky 1st makes you look cocky or is it okay?
If you put predicted 1st and you're applying before December you'll look silly because what work have you done or submitted to even warrant such a prediction. The general rule is to predict 2.1 - isn't really even brought up at interview.
JamesHardenRocks
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anas0978)
Hey guys. If anybody has any tips on the cover letter/ personal statement and CV, i would sincerely appreciate some help
Message me - I'll take a look.

Currently free, completed internships at Goldman, Credit Suisse and Blackrock, can prove it too if makes you feel better
JamesHardenRocks
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by rebellionium)
should i apply if im international student and didn't do any impressive activities/finance related in high school? i only have public speaking competitions, president of a school club, some tech competitions.
none of those competitions are well known in the UK.
do almost all student who got in spring weeks has impressive finance related experience? internships for high school students are rare in my country.,
Apply you have nothing to lose, my Goldman Spring cohort had applicants from all over Europe, you'll have a chance, just make sure you sell your self well via the bullet points on cv
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (27)
19.57%
No (111)
80.43%

Watched Threads