***Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2021 Thread**

Watch
rebellionium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is Blackstone opened for 2021 yet? I can only find the 2020 one.
rebellionium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
is ubs opened yet? their website said it's opened, but cant find the apply page
Athxrv
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JamesHardenRocks)
You can but you'll most likely get rejected. Wait to apply in your second year - focus on attending insight days, society positions and building up your skill set, you'll have a whole year in advance to prepare.

The Spring is so you can get an offer for a Summer internship and the Summer is to secure a full time role - you'd literally be stealing a place from other applicants so its unlikely you'll be accepted. Wait till 2nd year
In that case, if I change to a BSc instead of a Masters in the first year, it should be fine?
JamesHardenRocks
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Athxrv)
In that case, if I change to a BSc instead of a Masters in the first year, it should be fine?
Yeah
She's
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is there a WhatsApp gc?
snaand
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey guys, I have a question regarding my CV for SW. Is experience in leadership positions (secretary general, etc.) in MUNs (+300 participants) relevant? To be honest not many people have experience directly in finance or ib, but i wonder wether other experience such as mun, being part of a project etc. is relevant as long as it is "showing leadership" or something near it.
Valuation_IB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Can someone please tell me which BBs, EBs and MMs that are open for application at the moment?
Jonathanzhu777
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rebellionium)
is ubs opened yet? their website said it's opened, but cant find the apply page
Same. Can someone explain?
JamesHardenRocks
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by snaand)
Hey guys, I have a question regarding my CV for SW. Is experience in leadership positions (secretary general, etc.) in MUNs (+300 participants) relevant? To be honest not many people have experience directly in finance or ib, but i wonder wether other experience such as mun, being part of a project etc. is relevant as long as it is "showing leadership" or something near it.
Yes
She's
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, Im currently about to start 2nd year of a 3yr course but I want to do a masters.

Can I apply to spring weeks as I will theoretically be in my second year of a 4 year course?
JamesHardenRocks
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by She's)
Hey, Im currently about to start 2nd year of a 3yr course but I want to do a masters.

Can I apply to spring weeks as I will theoretically be in my second year of a 4 year course?
Yes - some may specify but you will be allowed to submit applications based on this profile
Angiemore
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For those of you interested in - Asset Management - Investment Management.. (Hedge Funds, Private Equity, etc )
Pls apply https://www.100blackinterns.com/
She's
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JamesHardenRocks)
Yes - some may specify but you will be allowed to submit applications based on this profile
Great! Would I have to specify my plan to do a masters on the cv or will changing the graduation date on my current course to one year later be fine?

Thanks for your response
Last edited by She's; 4 weeks ago
julros
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Goldman Sachs asks about GPA. What should one answer when university doesn't start until september?
JamesHardenRocks
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by She's)
Great! Would I have to specify my plan to do a masters on the cv or will changing the graduation date on my current course to one year later be fine?

Thanks for your response
Think its best to apply and make it clear, you can opt to do it on cv - changing the date can get tricky if its flagged as a lie during a background check
JamesHardenRocks
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by julros)
Goldman Sachs asks about GPA. What should one answer when university doesn't start until september?
Believe you can leave it blank or put pending somewhere - I dont think I filled that it when I applied, genuinely doesn't matter as such, they'll know you haven't started - or finished the year to even have a grade
Aya_ceyr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
On the goldman sachs cover letter (300 word limit) section it says to include spring dates in the cover letter box below.

Is it okay if I go over 300 words to include the dates for which easter take place or do they want me to covey it as part of the actual cover letter
JamesHardenRocks
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aya_ceyr)
On the goldman sachs cover letter (300 word limit) section it says to include spring dates in the cover letter box below.

Is it okay if I go over 300 words to include the dates for which easter take place or do they want me to covey it as part of the actual cover letter
Don't really need the dates
smashit123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys,
Reading though this thread has been very informative.
Is this correct that for each SW application a CV and a cover letter is needed?
Also does anyone know any companies which wont care about A-levels as much as my grades are decent but not amazing.
I have lots of relevant work experience and am really passionate about finance so I'm hoping that helps
Utd4life0101
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does the exact graduation date (on GS application) need to be precisely correct in terms of what day in the month?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (58)
13.84%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (55)
13.13%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (158)
37.71%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (45)
10.74%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (81)
19.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
5.25%

Watched Threads