***Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2021 Thread**

Watch
JamesHardenRocks
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Utd4life0101)
Does the exact graduation date (on GS application) need to be precisely correct in terms of what day in the month?
Not really - because naturally none of us really know especially if it's several years from now, either the first of a summer month of the end should do
JamesHardenRocks
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by smashit123)
Hi guys,
Reading though this thread has been very informative.
Is this correct that for each SW application a CV and a cover letter is needed?
Also does anyone know any companies which wont care about A-levels as much as my grades are decent but not amazing.
I have lots of relevant work experience and am really passionate about finance so I'm hoping that helps
Not all apps require a cover letter, the firm will specify but most will require you to have one or some sort of written response to a series of questions around why the firm, why the division you've applied to and why you think you'd make a good candidate so prepare for those type of questions

There aren't firms at least at Spring internship level who you'd say are more relaxed about grades, consensus view is that AAB and above is good, I've seen firms list ABB and above but in my personally experience I've seen candidates with grades below ABB still make it on to a spring. Grades are just one aspect - experience is worth more.
smashit123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JamesHardenRocks)
Not all apps require a cover letter, the firm will specify but most will require you to have one or some sort of written response to a series of questions around why the firm, why the division you've applied to and why you think you'd make a good candidate so prepare for those type of questions

There aren't firms at least at Spring internship level who you'd say are more relaxed about grades, consensus view is that AAB and above is good, I've seen firms list ABB and above but in my personally experience I've seen candidates with grades below ABB still make it on to a spring. Grades are just one aspect - experience is worth more.
Thanks so much for your reply, My grades are ABB so hopefully I'm able to get something!
Utd4life0101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How should you address your cover letter in terms of should it be Dear Sir/Madam or something else?
raskarum99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How should you address your cover letter in terms of should it be Dear Sir/Madam or something else?
I usually begin my cover letters with "To whom it may concern,". It's generic and works no matter which person is going to read it.
Otherdjrj
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
“Dear future colleague”
unique09
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is anyone aware of any upcoming networking opportunities at investment banks?
Pauauauau
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone knows where I can pratice online tests? Is there any website for practising? Also, is there any recommended books for preparation? Thanks!
123xyz123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know which companies have opened up spring weeks?
My list is: Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Citi Bank, Nomura, Macquarie, BlackRock
Pauauauau
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 123xyz123)
Does anyone know which companies have opened up spring weeks?
My list is: Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Citi Bank, Nomura, Macquarie, BlackRock
Did JP Morgan open? Mine shows the application is still closed.
123xyz123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Pauauauau)
Did JP Morgan open? Mine shows the application is still closed.
Sorry you're right, JP Morgan aren't open
fuhnance
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
sent off my GS about three weeks ago. Anyone got anything back from them yet?
royalty1702
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by fuhnance)
sent off my GS about three weeks ago. Anyone got anything back from them yet?
what! I am screwed then because I haven't applied yet
fuhnance
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by royalty1702)
what! I am screwed then because I haven't applied yet
not at all, most people will be applying October time.
royalty1702
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
not at all, most people will be applying October time.
did you have much experience to put on your cv? Because I feel screwed as I don't have any
julros
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Should we just predict a grade, because Citibank wants to know. Is it rude to predict a first when you received a 5.92 GPA (max is 6.0)?
fuhnance
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
did you have much experience to put on your cv? Because I feel screwed as I don't have any
related to finance or work experience in general? related to finance no but I've had five paid jobs so will tailor that
royalty1702
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
related to finance or work experience in general? related to finance no but I've had five paid jobs so will tailor that
5 paid jobs!

Holy f***, I guess you're guaranteed to get in now!
Last edited by royalty1702; 3 weeks ago
fuhnance
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
5 paid jobs!

Holy f***, I guess you're guaranteed to get in now!
Doubt it sadly! a week doing something finance related will likely outweigh Sainsburies, Restaurant, Tutoring etc.
royalty1702
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Doubt it sadly! a week doing something finance related will likely outweigh Sainsburies, Restaurant, Tutoring etc.
I should have done tutoring. I got good grades throughout school and was a good student.

I feel like they are just looking for genuine passion which is why some people with 4 finance internships don't get in whereas others with no experience do get in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (27)
19.57%
No (111)
80.43%

Watched Threads