The Student Room Group

***Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2021 Thread**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Any BB spring weeks open now?
Any suggestions for writing a competitive cover letter? What are the best ways to stand out and avoid the generic 'was inspired by the culture of the firm' etc.?
Guys but what did you write in the GPA cumulative section for GS ? I have to start in September but I wanted to apply for the Internship. :eek:
Guys do you know if Zoomprep is good for Cv and Cover Letter helpIf not can you tell me other sites that helps with Cv and cover letter
Does anyone know which investment banks require a cover letter or do all of them requires this?
Thank you.
Hi Guys, I'm a former Warwick student, and now I’m also ex-J.P Morgan (Equity Research) & EY (Advisory Consultant).

Last year, I built a spreadsheet tool that gathered a complete list of top companies that do 1st and 2nd year internships and 3rd year grad programmes with useful info such as: which company is open and closed as well as the application deadline.

Because so many students found it useful, we decided to do it again this year. You can check out the tool here:

https://www.sheetswebapp.io/

If any of you have questions generally about securing internships or grad programmes, you can shoot me a message from there and I'll respond...
Reply 106
Can anyone share the BoA video interview questions?
if you do economics and finance, what should you do in the Subject section of GS application as it only allows you to put your degree as either Economics or Finance, not both?
Original post by BissyA
Hi Guys, I'm a former Warwick student, and now I’m also ex-J.P Morgan (Equity Research) & EY (Advisory Consultant).

Last year, I built a spreadsheet tool that gathered a complete list of top companies that do 1st and 2nd year internships and 3rd year grad programmes with useful info such as: which company is open and closed as well as the application deadline.

Because so many students found it useful, we decided to do it again this year. You can check out the tool here:

If any of you have questions generally about securing internships or grad programmes, you can shoot me a message from there and I'll respond...

Interesting, thank you!

I have a question. In the requirements, what does CQ mean?
Reply 109
Optiver offers a spring insight programme too.
Original post by Valuation_IB
Interesting, thank you!

I have a question. In the requirements, what does CQ mean?

CQ = Competency Questions. If you click the "Help" button it gives you a list of definitions :smile:
Original post by BissyA

Thank you for sharing! It is very helpful. My question is do you know where can we practice the online test questions?
where can we find what the terms mean?

Original post by BissyA

Original post by royalty1702
where can we find what the terms mean?

There's a help button on the dashboard page that gives you a list of definitions :smile:
Original post by Pauauauau
Thank you for sharing! It is very helpful. My question is do you know where can we practice the online test questions?

My best recommendation is JobTestPrep. Plenty of questions that you can practise with. It's not the cheapest, but well worth it in my opinoin.
Original post by BissyA
There's a help button on the dashboard page that gives you a list of definitions :smile:

does F2F mean face to face? If so how would that be possible if the situation does not improve in the coming months?
Original post by BissyA

Hey!

When would you recommend us sending out our applications?
Should we apply now just before uni or wait till uni starts?
Reply 117
Goldman Sachs require to paste in a 300 word cover letter in the online application. Does anyone know if you shall include Dear Sir, Thank you for your time, yours sincerely etc.? I'm not from England so can't tell if skipping the formalities are rude. In my opinion its a waste when you only have 300 words available...
Is everyone applying now for sw or waiting till university starts so u can add societies you have joined?
Original post by BissyA
My best recommendation is JobTestPrep. Plenty of questions that you can practise with. It's not the cheapest, but well worth it in my opinoin.

Hi, thank you very much for sharing your experience!
I want to apply to several BB (Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan), and I want to prepare and practise as much as I can.
Do you know what kind of tests each has?
What test providers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending