The Student Room Group

Gcse support

What are the most effective ways of revising?
Is there any advice any1 can give to me?
Much appreciated :smile:
probably just use onmaths. it is all past exam papers and it gives you the answers, marks and even the grad you achieved I'm using it right now actually
Seneca is a godsend to when you are revising.
Past exam papers are a great way of revising. And just because you have completed one doesn't mean you can't do it again some time later(probably days or weeks). Especially for maths and science where there are plenty of papers available.More essay-type subjects need a lot of reading and rereading. You can try practice questions. It doesn't matter if you use your text books or other resources to get info.Or you can pick a topic and write down notes of all the things you remember about the topic. Also, don't forget... over the last few years you have been writing loads of stuff in your exercise books - read through them.
Original post by Ambiguous Super
What are the most effective ways of revising?
Is there any advice any1 can give to me?
Much appreciated :smile:

It's whatever works for you, the way somebody revises should be personalized to them. One person may be a visual learner, whereas, you are an auditory learner as an example. There are various quizzes available that you can do to narrow down what sort of learner you are.

But when revising do not repeat yourself as this is ineffective, however, do recall your work by doing past papers! - only do the past papers once you have learnt the content instead of doing a past paper beforehand as it might knock your confidence.

What subjects are you specifically doing?
Original post by Hazelly
It's whatever works for you, the way somebody revises should be personalized to them. One person may be a visual learner, whereas, you are an auditory learner as an example. There are various quizzes available that you can do to narrow down what sort of learner you are.

But when revising do not repeat yourself as this is ineffective, however, do recall your work by doing past papers! - only do the past papers once you have learnt the content instead of doing a past paper beforehand as it might knock your confidence.

What subjects are you specifically doing?

N/A
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest