The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Ask a current UEA Student!

Hi guys,

I'm Becca and I'm a current International Development student in my second year at UEA! I'm originally from Middlesbrough in the North East so the move to Norwich for me was a big one! I enjoy hanging out with my friends, tap dancing and exploring the amazing sights and foods which Norwich has to offer.

If you have any specific or general questions you'd like to ask me, please post away and lets get chatting!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Hi guys,

I'm Becca and I'm a current International Development student in my second year at UEA! I'm originally from Middlesbrough in the North East so the move to Norwich for me was a big one! I enjoy hanging out with my friends, tap dancing and exploring the amazing sights and foods which Norwich has to offer.

If you have any specific or general questions you'd like to ask me, please post away and lets get chatting!

Hi,
Do you know if there's any chance ill get into UEA even if i don't meet my conditional offer? Do you know any students that got in without meeting their grades or failing their a levels/btec entirely?
This whole coronavirus situiation has seriously messed up everything :frown:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Cole Jeff
Hi,
Do you know if there's any chance ill get into UEA even if i don't meet my conditional offer? Do you know any students that got in without meeting their grades or failing their a levels/btec entirely?
This whole coronavirus situiation has seriously messed up everything :frown:

Hi @Cole Jeff,

UEA is doing everything it can right now to make sure that everyone who applies has consideration during the pandemic, but we're all in the same boat, so please don't be worried about it. Personally, I overachieved my grades, despite being given a very high offer that I didn't think I'd meet, so it is possible. In regards to the worst outcome, if you don't meet the grades, clearing will still be available once the A-Level results come out, and you can then look at possibly getting onto a Foundation version of your course, which would be worth looking at. The worst-case scenario for Uni's in September is online learning, so a Foundation year in September may be a good route to go down if the grades aren't there. BUT always think positive, UEA are very friendly and helpful when it comes to this, so I would recommend messaging the Instagram or Facebook account for them to point you to the right person to email. :smile:

Hope this helps,

Becca
Hi,Do you know if it’s be possible to get in with BBC/BBD or BCD grades? I was predicted BBB but now the majority of my coursework and work Isn’t even being submitted meaning the majority of my work being marked will be from y12 and as much as I want to go to UEA I dong know whether I’d have any chance being accepted :/
Original post by Importantrubbish
Hi,Do you know if it’s be possible to get in with BBC/BBD or BCD grades? I was predicted BBB but now the majority of my coursework and work Isn’t even being submitted meaning the majority of my work being marked will be from y12 and as much as I want to go to UEA I dong know whether I’d have any chance being accepted :/

Hi @Importantrubbish
As Becca said, UEA is doing everything they can to make sure that everyone gets consideration for their application at this time. If you have any more specific questions, I would recommend that you contact the admissions office.
Sophie
Reply 5
hi, I've put UEA as my insurance choice for economics and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to apply for accomodation or if I've missed the deadline?? Do you know if I have to or should? thanks :smile:
Original post by amy_02
hi, I've put UEA as my insurance choice for economics and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to apply for accomodation or if I've missed the deadline?? Do you know if I have to or should? thanks :smile:

Hi @amy_02,

it's my understanding that you should have received an email to apply for accomodation even if you put it as your insurance. I would contact the tean here: https://portal.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/contact-us and see what they say!

Becca
Reply 7
Hi guys,

Hi Becca

I am applying for Physician Associate I believe it is competitive and intense? Do you know competitive it is any idea? Thanks.
Original post by Mimi2014
Hi Becca

I am applying for Physician Associate I believe it is competitive and intense? Do you know competitive it is any idea? Thanks.

Hi @Mimi2014,

In my experience or friend's experience, it is quite competitive to go into anything Medicine related, which I assume a Physician associate is! My best advice for applying for this would be to make sure your application stands out with extracurricular activities such as volunteering as well as a good school attitude. But most importantly just show your passion :smile:

Becca
Reply 9
Hi @Mimi2014,

In my experience or friend's experience, it is quite competitive to go into anything Medicine related, which I assume a Physician associate is! My best advice for applying for this would be to make sure your application stands out with extracurricular activities such as volunteering as well as a good school attitude. But most importantly just show your passion :smile:

Becca

Hi Becca

Thank you that's very helpful.
Hi guys,

Hi there! If UEA goes into clearing for medicine do you think there’ll be a chance to apply even though I got post-interview rejection this year?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there! If UEA goes into clearing for medicine do you think there’ll be a chance to apply even though I got post-interview rejection this year?

Hi!

I honestly couldn't say as I'm not in medicine and I'm not on the clearing team but it's always worth a try during clearing because the team are there to help you :smile: I would contact one of the team on the socials and they'll have a better answer for you! Sorry I can't help more!

Becca
Reply 12
Yo. I start at UEA in September.
I'm into growing veg and flowers - not on the level that I could hire a allotment to myself or anything - and I was wondering how I could continue this hobby at UEA, even if just on a small scale.? I looked it up and there's a gardening club of sorts, but it's only for postgraduates :/
Original post by tperson
Yo. I start at UEA in September.
I'm into growing veg and flowers - not on the level that I could hire a allotment to myself or anything - and I was wondering how I could continue this hobby at UEA, even if just on a small scale.? I looked it up and there's a gardening club of sorts, but it's only for postgraduates :/

hi @tperson, honestly i wish i could answer this question for you as I really wanted an allotment too! The society that did them closed I'm sure, however you can apply for one of the allotments on campus i think through the council! I would for sure ask at society fair if they are still around as I would love to do that too! There are plenty of other environmental/green societies to join too though :smile:
Reply 14
hi @tperson, honestly i wish i could answer this question for you as I really wanted an allotment too! The society that did them closed I'm sure, however you can apply for one of the allotments on campus i think through the council! I would for sure ask at society fair if they are still around as I would love to do that too! There are plenty of other environmental/green societies to join too though :smile:

Thanks. I'll try looking into those when I get there, and I can probably call UEA about their own ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending