IMB at UCL vs CompSci+Management at KCL?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I got a conditional offer to study both and they require the same grades for me to get in. I want to know more how these degrees compare, how is the balance between Computing and Management in these degrees and which degree would have better employment opportunities as well?
Any additional information would be really appreciated!
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
I'm in the same boat. Have offers for the same courses at both places. Idk what to firm either. UCL is more well-known in more prestigious (I guess), but the comp Sci+ Management course in KCL definitely seems more 'comp-science-y' and technical to me. Both places are great, though. What do you think you will firm?

If anyone could provide additional info, that would be great.
Anonymous #3
Report 7 months ago
Hi guys, hope I can help here. I do IMB at UCL and have just completed my first year. From what I’ve heard from other comp sci students at KCL the general opportunities are not as good as UCL. For example, there are certain programmes from JP Morgan, KPMG and a few software engineering companies that specifically headhunt IMB students. Generally, social life is both the same. But as a UCL student I will always have a mild bias, but from what I’ve heard from my fellow kings friends say they dont have as many opportunities.
Anonymous #3
Report 7 months ago
Just to add onto my previous comment^^:

IMB (in first year at least) has 2 main computing modules, and the rest being business analytics, consumer marketing, consumer psychology, etc... in the computing modules you’ll learn HTML, CSS, some web tech, but mainly Java.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (645)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (817)
42.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.62%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.51%

Watched Threads