Brad2103
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am currently in year 11 and i am heavily considering taking Computer Science at A-Level although i have very little knowledge on the subject as i did not study it at GCSE level do you think i could learn enough during the time off to set me on track for September or not? I appreciate any help or assistance that you have to offer, many thanks.
JustGameIn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I am a computer science A Level student who did GCSE Computer Science. I would recommend looking at the content on https://isaaccomputerscience.org/topics to learn everything you need to know for Computer Science A Level for both OCR or AQA.

I would recommend looking at object-oriented programming and programming concepts to improve your programming skills. This will get you ahead of people who have done GCSE Computer Science. Many students at GCSE only know the basics of programming, this will allow you to get a step ahead of them, as these are

Also look into networking, databases, computer systems, and algorithms, there is a lot of content to learn, but it will be taught in lesson as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads