Can someone help me analyse this quote from Macbeth?

Watch
helpme2005
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Can someone help me analyse this quote from Macbeth?
''disdaining fortune, with his brandish'd steel which smok'd of bloody execution''
GSCEstudent2020
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
the"brandish'd steel" represents Macbeth's sword! the fact that it "smok'd of bloody execution" suggests Macbeth is merciless and will do anything for his country, this is ironic as later in the play, a dagger smok'd with bloody execution when Macbeth kills Duncan!
Hope this helped!
helpme2005
Rep:
?
(Original post by GSCEstudent2020)
the"brandish'd steel" represents Macbeth's sword! the fact that it "smok'd of bloody execution" suggests Macbeth is merciless and will do anything for his country, this is ironic as later in the play, a dagger smok'd with bloody execution when Macbeth kills Duncan!
Hope this helped!
Thanks! Can you help me with: '' like valours minion, carved out his passage''- act 1 scene 2
GSCEstudent2020
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by helpme2005)
Thanks! Can you help me with: '' like valour's minion, carved out his passage''- act 1 scene 2
sure! "like valour's minion" suggests Macbeth is the slave of bravery itself. "carved out his passage" is the same as "smok'd with bloody execution" except it also suggested Macbeth is heroic and determined! I can help with all your Macbeth questions
helpme2005
Rep:
?
(Original post by GSCEstudent2020)
sure! "like valour's minion" suggests Macbeth is the slave of bravery itself. "carved out his passage" is the same as "smok'd with bloody execution" except it also suggested Macbeth is heroic and determined! I can help with all your Macbeth questions
Thanks! I'll take you up on that offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (179)
28.59%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.61%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.27%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.31%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
7.99%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.13%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.91%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.19%

Watched Threads