The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni Colleges?

I've firmed my choice as Lancaster uni, because I've always wanted to go there since I first went to the open day. It has a gorgeous campus and has a great reputation for the course I'm looking at.

Hopefully Unis will begin as normal this year! If anyone knows anything about the colleges at Lancaster, which one would you suggest ? I do want to make a lot of friends but I'm not exactly a sesh head. Really I'm just looking for a college with a good reputation and (hopefully) nice people :smile:
Original post by lucarionite
I've firmed my choice as Lancaster uni, because I've always wanted to go there since I first went to the open day. It has a gorgeous campus and has a great reputation for the course I'm looking at.

Hopefully Unis will begin as normal this year! If anyone knows anything about the colleges at Lancaster, which one would you suggest ? I do want to make a lot of friends but I'm not exactly a sesh head. Really I'm just looking for a college with a good reputation and (hopefully) nice people :smile:

Check PMs
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by lucarionite

Hello!
Congrats on your offer!
This is a super common question and the best way to decide is to pick your accommodation which will narrow down some choices. Then have a look at a campus map. Would you like to live in the centre (noisier, but closer to lecture theatres), or further out? Nowhere is further than a 20 minute walk on campus though! It's impossible to predict which colleges will have loads of 'sesh heads' because it changes every year depending on the cohort! In general, townhouses are the most sociable, followed by standard, ensuite and studio. Obviously this changes though! Your course doesn't have to much of an affect as in first year you'll likely to be all over campus for lectures/seminars/workshops/labs. (the best college bars are Fylde & Grizedale though)
Hope this was helpful and let me know if there's anything I can help you with!
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Reply 3
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hello!
Congrats on your offer!
This is a super common question and the best way to decide is to pick your accommodation which will narrow down some choices. Then have a look at a campus map. Would you like to live in the centre (noisier, but closer to lecture theatres), or further out? Nowhere is further than a 20 minute walk on campus though! It's impossible to predict which colleges will have loads of 'sesh heads' because it changes every year depending on the cohort! In general, townhouses are the most sociable, followed by standard, ensuite and studio. Obviously this changes though! Your course doesn't have to much of an affect as in first year you'll likely to be all over campus for lectures/seminars/workshops/labs. (the best college bars are Fylde & Grizedale though)
Hope this was helpful and let me know if there's anything I can help you with!
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

I was thinking of an en suite room, but I'll deffo consider a townhouse if they're more social. If the colleges aren't too important to the overall experience then I'll roll with whatever. Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending