The Student Room Group

Anxiety

Hi,
I'm currently at university and I suffer from Anxiety, I feel like I'm always in a constant battle with my mind, this then brings irrelevant stress on me and flurs up my anxiety, sometimes to the extreme where I just sit in a corner and break down.
Over the last few months I've currently been having CBT therapy with mindmatters where I was slowly on the mend (my last session is Wednesday).
But over the last coming weeks my mind has taken a big hit, with the current pandemic, leaving university and not being in my daily routine has really taken a toll on my anxiety.
Everyday has been a constant mind battle and my thoughts and feelings are just taking over now. From when I wake up to going to bed I overthink everything which sends me into an anxiety state of mind, I've tried multiple apps such as Dare these do calm my anxiety a little but as soon as I take my headphones of I'm back to my normal overthinking self.
This is taking a large impact on my university as I have no motivation to do anything.
Is there any advice that anyone would recommend.
Thanks
Hi 😃
Firstly it's absolutely OK to feel as you are (especially given what's going on at the moment) and you should never feel ashamed of it. It's great that you've been able to reach out for help, and the fact you saw an improvement with the CBT shows there's definitely light at the end of the tunnel. I completely understand how things are likely to get more difficult for you at the moment. I have had issues of a similar kind myself and being away from the support of my friends and also the routine of school etc... really isn't ideal for me. So you are not alone and you are more than welcome to message me directly if you would like to talk! Take care :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I'm currently at university and I suffer from Anxiety, I feel like I'm always in a constant battle with my mind, this then brings irrelevant stress on me and flurs up my anxiety, sometimes to the extreme where I just sit in a corner and break down.
Over the last few months I've currently been having CBT therapy with mindmatters where I was slowly on the mend (my last session is Wednesday).
But over the last coming weeks my mind has taken a big hit, with the current pandemic, leaving university and not being in my daily routine has really taken a toll on my anxiety.
Everyday has been a constant mind battle and my thoughts and feelings are just taking over now. From when I wake up to going to bed I overthink everything which sends me into an anxiety state of mind, I've tried multiple apps such as Dare these do calm my anxiety a little but as soon as I take my headphones of I'm back to my normal overthinking self.
This is taking a large impact on my university as I have no motivation to do anything.
Thanks

:kissing2::hugs:
Reply 3
Original post by jamiet0185
Hi 😃
Firstly it's absolutely OK to feel as you are (especially given what's going on at the moment) and you should never feel ashamed of it. It's great that you've been able to reach out for help, and the fact you saw an improvement with the CBT shows there's definitely light at the end of the tunnel. I completely understand how things are likely to get more difficult for you at the moment. I have had issues of a similar kind myself and being away from the support of my friends and also the routine of school etc... really isn't ideal for me. So you are not alone and you are more than welcome to message me directly if you would like to talk! Take care :smile:

Thank You 😊
Hey,

If you feel the need to talk to somone, feel free to pm me.
Reply 5
Original post by Analyst89
Hey,

If you feel the need to talk to somone, feel free to pm me.

Had a breakdown last night I let it all out feel alot better today, I've come to accept the current situation we are facing and to not let it panic me. If my minds starts thinking negatively I change it around, I've picked up my motivation today and started to feel alot better, Thanks 😊
Hi,
Thanks

Hi there,

You have been so brave opening up about your experiences of anxiety - it sounds as though you are really stressed and overwhelmed and I imagine that this can be really tough for you. Being out of a routine and trying to cope with a massive change can be exhausting, especially when you are facing a battle in your own mind.

Sometimes, it can be really useful to create yourself a bit of a timetable for each day - get up as you normally would at University, have your breakfast and get ready (even if you can't go out). This can really help you feel productive throughout the day and you can appreciate time to relax in the evening. Having different focuses can also help to manage any overthinking and anxiety throughout the day. It may also be useful to speak to No Panic as they will be able to speak to you more directly about managing your anxiety.

It may feel like a difficult time for you now but you are being incredibly brave and using a lot of strength.

Please know that you aren't on your own with this, there are people out there who can help and support you through this tough time.

Take care of yourself,

Grace :rose:
Reply 7
Original post by PAPYRUS-UK
Hi there,

You have been so brave opening up about your experiences of anxiety - it sounds as though you are really stressed and overwhelmed and I imagine that this can be really tough for you. Being out of a routine and trying to cope with a massive change can be exhausting, especially when you are facing a battle in your own mind.

Sometimes, it can be really useful to create yourself a bit of a timetable for each day - get up as you normally would at University, have your breakfast and get ready (even if you can't go out). This can really help you feel productive throughout the day and you can appreciate time to relax in the evening. Having different focuses can also help to manage any overthinking and anxiety throughout the day. It may also be useful to speak to No Panic as they will be able to speak to you more directly about managing your anxiety.

It may feel like a difficult time for you now but you are being incredibly brave and using a lot of strength.

Please know that you aren't on your own with this, there are people out there who can help and support you through this tough time.

Take care of yourself,

Grace :rose:

Such amazing support thank you very much 😊 all this positive feedback really does help me alot. Yes I will start setting my self a routine thank you.
Had a breakdown last night I let it all out feel alot better today, I've come to accept the current situation we are facing and to not let it panic me. If my minds starts thinking negatively I change it around, I've picked up my motivation today and started to feel alot better, Thanks 😊

Sorry to hear that.

Why do you think you had a breakdown?

Keep doing that yes :smile:
Hi, I can totally relate with you and how you are feeling. I have really bad anxiety & this lockdown/pandemic situation has been really tough for me mentally. I have been stressed/anxious all day everyday, I’ve been struggling to eat it’s been that bad, so just know you are not alone in feeling this way.
Such amazing support thank you very much 😊 all this positive feedback really does help me alot. Yes I will start setting my self a routine thank you.

I'm really glad to hear that :h:

You've done incredibly well to recognise what might help you- I know this isn't always easy to do!

Grace
Hi, I can totally relate with you and how you are feeling. I have really bad anxiety & this lockdown/pandemic situation has been really tough for me mentally. I have been stressed/anxious all day everyday, I’ve been struggling to eat it’s been that bad, so just know you are not alone in feeling this way.

Hello there,

I think you're totally right- this current situation is really difficult for so many people and you are not alone with these difficult feelings :hugs:

It sounds like you have been feeling even more anxious during the current situation surrounding COVID-19- I can imagine that is really tough for you. If you think you need some more support with anxiety right now then it might be helpful to get in touch with Anxiety UK- they have some really useful information on their website and they have a helpline if you want to talk to someone about what you are going through.

Rachel :flower:

Quick Reply

Latest