HelenaBarrett
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am currently studying about Spain and the New world and as work we have been set the question:
Write a narrative account analysing the key events of 1491-92 that led to Columbus sighting land in the New World in October 1492. (8 marks)
I don't really know how to set this question out as I am not use to writing narratives in History. Any ideas on how to set it out?
econhelp525
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
A narrative is a description. Usually 2 paragraphs, or 1 long extended paragraph.
HelenaBarrett
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by econhelp525)
A narrative is a description. Usually 2 paragraphs, or 1 long extended paragraph.
Ah okay, thank you very much, this was quite helpful!
username5230782
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by HelenaBarrett)
I am currently studying about Spain and the New world and as work we have been set the question:
Write a narrative account analysing the key events of 1491-92 that led to Columbus sighting land in the New World in October 1492. (8 marks)
I don't really know how to set this question out as I am not use to writing narratives in History. Any ideas on how to set it out?
I'm guessing that this is a narrative. First start with point,evidence,explanation. Next link it to the next point you will introduce. Repeat point,evidence and explanation and then link it to sources from your own knowledge. Then you will ring forth your final point,evidence and explanation and then link it referring back to the question concluding your points. Avoid becoming vague or plain with answers and just stating facts. The markers are interested in seeing how you flow your narrative and the varied historical vocabulary/sophisticated points you incorporate. Try researching narrative layouts and attempt using them your self. Remember the more practice the more progress there is to come. I also am a history student and structuring my writing can be quite challenging too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (60)
40.82%
Take autumn exams (53)
36.05%
Look for a job (3)
2.04%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.72%
Take a year out (19)
12.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
5.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise