STP 2021 entry - (genomic counselling)

Watch
hanlind1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just submitted my application and submitted the SJT... Good luck everyone! It's crazy how much the application process has changed this year...
biomed-1997
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hanlind1998)
Just submitted my application and submitted the SJT... Good luck everyone! It's crazy how much the application process has changed this year...
I've just submitted mine but I ran out of time and now I feel rubbish about itHope it all goes well for you!
calebwm
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Once I submit the application, how long do I have to complete the SJT?
Sal.S
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by calebwm)
Once I submit the application, how long do I have to complete the SJT?
Until the 24th of this month
https://nshcs.hee.nhs.uk/programmes/...21-applicants/
valeriars
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey everyone,

I submitted my application yesterday and was going to do the SJT test today but I don't seem to be able to open them. I can long in to the Qpercom website, but no available exams appear. I normally use Firefox on Linux but I have tried with Google Chrome on both Windows and Linux so far and still nothing...

Has someone come across something similar?

Thank you!
Nethergate
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by valeriars)
Hey everyone,

I submitted my application yesterday and was going to do the SJT test today but I don't seem to be able to open them. I can long in to the Qpercom website, but no available exams appear. I normally use Firefox on Linux but I have tried with Google Chrome on both Windows and Linux so far and still nothing...

Has someone come across something similar?

Thank you!
They sent this message

Dear Applicant,

The Situational Judgment Test for the STP has been disabled. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we understand that this is an anxious time for applicants. Please bear with us: we are fully aware of the problems applicants are experiencing in relation to the test and we are receiving a high volume of emails, so please be assured you do not need to contact us further while we are investigating. We will send out further communications throughout the week commencing 22 February.

Once again please accept our apologies: we are working hard to resolve this issue.

Kind Regards
NSHCS
Nethergate
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi all! Just found this thread. I’m applying to GC this year for the second time. Got to interview last year so have my fingers crossed!

Have they released which Trusts will have a place yet? I’m London only so hoping they are all recruiting this year!
ER141
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nethergate)
Hi all! Just found this thread. I’m applying to GC this year for the second time. Got to interview last year so have my fingers crossed!

Have they released which Trusts will have a place yet? I’m London only so hoping they are all recruiting this year!
Well done for getting to interview last year!

Definitely reduced places this year compared to last year, but I think all 3 London sites have at least one place available. The list is on the website. Have you submitted your application?
Nethergate
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks!

Yea I submitted a couple of weeks ago, my schedule got really busy so did it on a day off. Then I see lots of comments here and think, damn I didn’t think of that! 😂

I’m hoping the wait won’t be too long to know if we made the SJT cut. I wonder if it will be the bottom third dropped like previous years.
LakeClover
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by laurakt1)
Does anybody know if you need to state the amount of hours of work experience or volunteering you have completed in the actual application, or do they just ask the references?
When you get to the shortlisting stage, the only information the shortlisters have access to is what you've written in your personal statement. They don't see your qualifications or employement history. Definitely mention how much experience you have (and for how long) in your statement, otherwise they won't be able to see it
-sophia-
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LakeClover)
When you get to the shortlisting stage, the only information the shortlisters have access to is what you've written in your personal statement. They don't see your qualifications or employement history. Definitely mention how much experience you have (and for how long) in your statement, otherwise they won't be able to see it
So painful reading this, submitted yesterday but just didn't have the words for adding timescales, I hope it'll be okay and they can look at all the other good stuff in there
ER141
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by -sophia-)
So painful reading this, submitted yesterday but just didn't have the words for adding timescales, I hope it'll be okay and they can look at all the other good stuff in there
I don't think you need timings. Unless it is relevant to the job description, such as care work, how long you worked in those roles doesn't matter. I think most people won't have put timings because of the word limit. So don't worry about it
-sophia-
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ER141)
I don't think you need timings. Unless it is relevant to the job description, such as care work, how long you worked in those roles doesn't matter. I think most people won't have put timings because of the word limit. So don't worry about it
Yikes no i didn't add the time in care, really overlooked on my part, was too in my head about everything else we needed to add on the spec
hanlind1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yikes no i didn't add the time in care, really overlooked on my part, was too in my head about everything else we needed to add on the spec
I didn't do this either- too pressed for words. But it's not the end of the world I'm sure. How you reflect on your experience is far more important!
ER141
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I also didn't do this, most people probably didn't, I just meant that other timings are irrelevant. Like the person above said, how you reflect on your experiences and actually matching the person specification is what is important. They score you according to the person spec and timings aren't on there.
LakeClover
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The time spent gaining experience can help in making yourself stand out from other candidates (who will all have the bare minimum 6 months required), but reflecting on what you've learnt from the experience is more important. If you had to chose between mentioning timescales and reflecting, reflecting was definitely the right choice.

If you make it through to interview they know even less about you in advance (just that you passed shortlisting) so you can always bring up how much experience you have there too
ER141
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We are aware of applicants’ concerns and issues about the Situational Judgment Tests used for this year’s Scientist Training Programme recruitment. There have been a series of problems with the third-party platform that we use to deliver these tests. These problems have affected applicants’ ability to undertake the tests and they have also led us to question the efficacy of the test results. Therefore, in the interests of fairness, we have decided that we should discontinue the use of the Situational Judgement Tests. We will NOT take into account the results of tests completed so far, and we will NOT rely on the tests as part of the selection process.

We are also aware that a small number of applicants have been reporting issues with submitting via Oriel.

We apologise unreservedly for the impact that these problems with the Situational Judgement Tests have had upon applicants. Importantly, the School remains committed to completing this year’s recruitment to the programme. We are now working urgently on an alternative plan to ensure that recruitment can progress without undue delay and without disadvantage to any applicant.

We will make further announcements as soon as we can about how we are going to proceed. Please, therefore, do not contact the School about this topic: we will inform all applicants as soon as we have new processes in place.

We know this will be an anxious time for applicants but we ask everyone to be patient and to wait to hear from us.

As a result of the issues experienced, we are extending the submission deadline for applications until 4.00 PM on Wednesday 24th February 2021.

Kind Regards,
National School of Healthcare Science
Health Education England

THE SJT TEST HAS BEEN CANCELLED, THERE WILL BE NO NEED TO DO IT. THEY WILL TELL US MORE WHEN THEY KNOW MORE. Hope this helps, I know not everyone seems to be getting these emails
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (59)
13.05%
Virtual campus tours/open days (104)
23.01%
Live streaming events (41)
9.07%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (43)
9.51%
A uni comparison tool (104)
23.01%
An in-person event when available (101)
22.35%