Will GCSE resits in September 2020 or May 2021 be free?

Watch
ItsAlicia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So... GCSEs are cancelled. Shame. Some students may not be happy with the results they are given and were depending on their real gcse exams to be the chance to smash it. Some students didn’t know that mock exams or any class assessments were going to be used towards our future GCSE grade in any way. So for any students who want to take the exams in September 2020 or May 2021, will the exams be free?
And will this put them at a disadvantage for any sixth forms they’ve applied to etc?
Last edited by ItsAlicia; 1 year ago
perplexed turtle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ItsAlicia)
So... GCSEs are cancelled. Shame. Some students may not be happy with the results they are given and were depending on their real gcse exams to be the chance to smash it. Some students didn’t know that mock exams or any class assessments were going to be used towards our future GCSE grade in any way. So for any students who want to take the exams in September 2020 or May 2021, will the exams be free?
And will this put them at a disadvantage for any sixth forms they’ve applied to etc?
I am not sure, but I'm guessing yes for exams being free on September 2020, no for May 2021
Joel746
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi
I’d imagine they will offer the September exam resits for free to those affected by the virus. I’m not sure if the same will be offered in May, I don’t think it will be. I myself got a grade 5 in my English Language mock and came out with a 9 in the real exam, so I can understand the concern for some people. I’m sure that the exams board will be generous when giving grades, but if not then resits will definitely be available, so be sure to keep revising just in case.
Hope this helps
Amp242
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You will get your results in July (around the 20th). If you are not happy you can sit an exam in the Autumn (unlikely September.. will be more like October) your 6th form place will depend on your July results. If your results improve after sitting the exam in October then you can apply the following year for the place you want
ItsAlicia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amp242)
You will get your results in July (around the 20th). If you are not happy you can sit an exam in the Autumn (unlikely September.. will be more like October) your 6th form place will depend on your July results. If your results improve after sitting the exam in October then you can apply the following year for the place you want
Oh okay
Last edited by ItsAlicia; 1 year ago
ItsAlicia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amp242)
Thanks for your reply
Now I’m panicking because I know my results in July will be bad so I’m now preparing for when I will get a chance to take the exams. As the person above this said, they got a 5 in a mock and came out with a 9 in the real thing. I really hope I still get into the sixth form I’ve applied to, considering it’s a grammar school :/. Wish me luck!
Amp242
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for your reply
Now I’m panicking because I know my results in July will be bad so I’m now preparing for when I will get a chance to take the exams. As the person above this said, they got a 5 in a mock and came out with a 9 in the real thing. I really hope I still get into the sixth form I’ve applied to, considering it’s a grammar school :/. Wish me luck!
Good luck! Most people score lower in mocks... your grade will be based on lots of things: your KS2 results, your year by year assessments, coursework, the average performance of your school subject by subject.... good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (0)
0%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (1)
25%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (1)
25%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (1)
25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (1)
25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise