An ode to Google

Watch
Elizabeth II
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello to all of you window cleaners out there. Let's unload our chaotic and eclectic thoughts on the coronavirus lockdown. COVID-19, if you will. Anything that pops to your head, pop it in here. Even if it makes absolutely no sense and even if it's unrelated. Then, once you've done that, make these random thoughts and topics loosely connect with sentences and post it.

I have a series of unrelated, possibly bizarre seeming questions for you all... is Germany in lockdown? Are Italy in lockdown? Can window cleaners work in lockdown? UK lockdown?

I've been looking for things to do at home when bored and university is very dull. I was looking at the UCAS web link they sent in an email (just how do I login to my university email?) earlier about hobbies to do at home and boredom. It was odd, not educational.

I think about lots of things re the UK lockdown. Are banks open during lockdown? Shopping rules during lockdown? When did Italy go into lockdown? Is there a lockdown song? If not, should we make one? It's a thing to do at home whilst you're bored after all! Should I take up sewing projects?

How are you all faring? I wonder what the NHS mental health guidance is right now? People must be finding this whole lockdown business quite mentally strenuous.

I like to draw to take up my time. I know it seems silly, but since the pandemic outbreak there's been a lot of free art projects for kids released online. It's worth having a look. You should find new hobbies to try! We have a viewpoint for projects here at TSR

I wonder how the government response is going to develop? I heard they're doing free school meal vouchers, that's good - but is it enough?

I'm very bored. Maybe I'll look back at my GCSE and A-Level work for no real reason. That'd be wild. I used some of the best educational apps when I was back at school. Do you guys still use Duolingo? That owl is dangerous, I'm telling you.

Paracosm, are you ok? Do you need us to call someone?
Ah, don't worry - this thread is somewhat of an inside joke and an experiment (ooooohhh very cool) - it's not meant to be taken seriously, but if you want to go along with it and pretend the thread is completely normal (please), it'll help with my experiment! (I'm trying to use TSR's SEO to my advantage )
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Paracosm)
Hello to all of you window cleaners out there. Let's unload our chaotic and eclectic thoughts on the coronavirus lockdown. COVID-19, if you will. Anything that pops to your head, pop it in here. Even if it makes absolutely no sense and even if it's unrelated. Then, once you've done that, make these random thoughts and topics loosely connect with sentences and post it.

I have a series of unrelated, possibly bizarre seeming questions for you all... is Germany in lockdown? Are Italy in lockdown? Can window cleaners work in lockdown? UK lockdown?

I've been looking for things to do at home when bored and university is very dull. I was looking at the UCAS web link they sent in an email (just how do I login to my university email?) earlier about hobbies to do at home and boredom. It was odd, not educational.

I think about lots of things re the UK lockdown. Are banks open during lockdown? Shopping rules during lockdown? When did Italy go into lockdown? Is there a lockdown song? If not, should we make one? It's a thing to do at home whilst you're bored after all! Should I take up sewing projects?

How are you all faring? I wonder what the NHS mental health guidance is right now? People must be finding this whole lockdown business quite mentally strenuous.

I like to draw to take up my time. I know it seems silly, but since the pandemic outbreak there's been a lot of free art projects for kids released online. It's worth having a look. You should find new hobbies to try! We have a viewpoint for projects here at TSR

I wonder how the government response is going to develop? I heard they're doing free school meal vouchers, that's good - but is it enough?

I'm very bored. Maybe I'll look back at my GCSE and A-Level work for no real reason. That'd be wild. I used some of the best educational apps when I was back at school. Do you guys still use Duolingo? That owl is dangerous, I'm telling you.

Paracosm, are you ok? Do you need us to call someone?
Ah, don't worry - this thread is somewhat of an inside joke and an experiment (ooooohhh very cool) - it's not meant to be taken seriously, but if you want to go along with it and pretend the thread is completely normal (please), it'll help with my experiment! (I'm trying to use TSR's SEO to my advantage )
Quizlet is love, Quizlet is life.
Case closed.
:hugs:
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
Quizlet is love, Quizlet is life.
Case closed.
:hugs:
Agreed on all counts! Quizlet helped me with my French A-Level so much :laugh:
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Agreed on all counts! Quizlet helped me with my French A-Level so much :laugh:
ah the beauties of French A-Level :moon:
:subjontif:
in one parallel universe I would've carried it all the way to A2, done it for Uni and be locked in France somewhere rn probably :dontknow:
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
in one parallel universe I would've carried it all the way to A2, done it for Uni and be locked in France somewhere rn probably :dontknow:
I can't rep you imagine if our educational pathways were swapped! :eek3: What would we be like?
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I can't rep you imagine if our educational pathways were swapped! :eek3: What would we be like?
not sure how long you'd survive in a chemistry lab without synthesising something vaguely useful, claiming it had miraculous meme-ful properties, patenting it, selling it by the dozen, retiring at a record age of 18 years and then somehow still returning to france, getting that house you always wanted, munching on those madelins or whatever they're called and eventually upgrading to paracosm v5.01

I should be studying right now but I am literally bananas
Spoiler:
Show

:yum: :banana: :ahee:
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
not sure how long you'd survive in a chemistry lab without synthesising something vaguely useful, claiming it had miraculous meme-ful properties, patenting it, selling it by the dozen, retiring at a record age of 18 years and then somehow still returning to france, getting that house you always wanted, munching on those madelins or whatever they're called and eventually upgrading to paracosm v5.01

I should be studying right now but I am literally bananas
Spoiler:
Show

:yum: :banana: :ahee:

I am going to synthesise something L'Oréal can claim is some sort of miracle product... cyclopentasiloxane-dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer. I will call it... SkinProtectium® and make billions of euros :france:

eat baguettes
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I am going to synthesise something L'Oréal can claim is some sort of miracle product... cyclopentasiloxane-dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer. I will call it... SkinProtectium® and make billions of euros :france:

eat baguettes
ok Google
IKEASMRPanda39
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Omg I see the mighty ParaVeg:giggle:

A huge hi5 for A-level French tho :five: those were fun times tbh :france:

This lockdown is driving me crazy, trying to find stuff to do but I'm not really good at anything :blushing:
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by IKEASMRPanda39)

This lockdown is driving me crazy, trying to find stuff to do but I'm not really good at anything :blushing:
hi hi :mmm:
:five: yesss

you can always do my report for me xoxoxoxox
you're amazing at being you and that's all anyone could ever need !!! :heart:
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?

Wooooooaaaaahhhhhhhhhh you're an old face! Hello! How are you?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
If you're interested in art projects for your kids or school projects for kids or you'd like to take up a hobby to do at home during lock-down to bust your boredom then this project might be for you: https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...virus-lockdown You might be able to do some as sewing projects. Doing this might also be good for your mental health during mental health awareness week. If visual art isn't your deal, then you could also try writing a lockdown song!

On a more serious note, if you need to know how to get free school meals vouchers there are some details here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52098076

If you're confused about uk lockdown rules like are banks open during lockdown? Or shopping rules during lockdown? Or whether window cleaners can work during lockdown? Or How long we will be on lockdown? Then the UK rules are available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ay-from-others

TSR can also help you during lockdown with information about A-levels, GCSEs and university. We can give you advice about UCAS, although we probably can't tell you your uni email and login. We can also recommend the best educational apps. My personal favourite is senecalearning.com.

We might be able to answer your questions about other countries like: Are Italy still on lockdown? or Is Germany in lockdown?

How did I do?
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
If you're interested in art projects for your kids or school projects for kids or you'd like to take up a hobby to do at home during lock-down to bust your boredom then this project might be for you: https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...virus-lockdown You might be able to do some as sewing projects. Doing this might also be good for your mental health during mental health awareness week. If visual art isn't your deal, then you could also try writing a lockdown song!

On a more serious note, if you need to know how to get free school meals vouchers there are some details here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52098076

If you're confused about uk lockdown rules like are banks open during lockdown? Or shopping rules during lockdown? Or whether window cleaners can work during lockdown? Or How long we will be on lockdown? Then the UK rules are available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ay-from-others

TSR can also help you during lockdown with information about A-levels, GCSEs and university. We can give you advice about UCAS, although we probably can't tell you your uni email and login. We can also recommend the best educational apps. My personal favourite is senecalearning.com.

We might be able to answer your questions about other countries like: Are Italy still on lockdown? or Is Germany in lockdown?

How did I do?
this post exudes perfection on a level previously thought to be impossible
IKEASMRPanda39
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
hi hi :mmm:
:five: yesss

you can always do my report for me xoxoxoxox
you're amazing at being you and that's all anyone could ever need !!! :heart:
I mean I would be honoured to :hat2:

despite my inexistent knowledge of science, Ik a lot of the chemical elements so I could possibly pull it off

Awwwwww u r a true sweetheart
IKEASMRPanda39
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Wooooooaaaaahhhhhhhhhh you're an old face! Hello! How are you?
Helloooo:hi: its a pleasure to spk to u again

I wish I could say I'm 100% fine but sadly thats not the case, but I'm trying to just get thru each day atm
Hope u have been fine since the last time I was here

Also, it seems I'm still extremely slow at replies:o:p
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
Helloooo:hi: its a pleasure to spk to u again

I wish I could say I'm 100% fine but sadly thats not the case, but I'm trying to just get thru each day atm
Hope u have been fine since the last time I was here

Also, it seems I'm still extremely slow at replies:o:p
I feel you and also relate, hang in there :hugs:

Don't worry :lol: I am not so good at the whole replies thing myself either
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
this post exudes perfection on a level previously thought to be impossible
I'll be honest, I did get a bit bored trying to cram in all the mental health searches. From the existential question of What is mental health? to the more specific searches for nhs mental health. (info here btw: https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs...alth-services/)

It's clear that mental health during covid 19 is a big issue for a lot of people, especially with the more limited mental health services available. Being bored and boredom probably isn't great for people's mental health, but maybe taking a different viewpoint on projects might help you with your mental health at this time.

(I know this is a serious issue, btw, and I think it's actually really important for people to be kind to themselves and not push themselves to write a novel or learn a language or paint the mona lisa or run a marathon in their flat right now if that's not working for them. Be kind to yourself, practice self care, try to get outside as often as possible and avoid news if it's making you anxious).
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Quality chat content :yes: :hugs:
10/10

Spoiler:
Show
i'm not as productive as I'd like to be tbh :sadnod: but if i'm productive I could run out of things to do...
Last edited by Chronoscope; 7 months ago
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
That trajectory is scarily close to my real-life path....
SnowMiku
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Speaking of the quizlet theme, trying to outdo your classmates on match and absolutely failing at it...
All time personal best is 4.8 though, so I can't really complain.
Last edited by SnowMiku; 7 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise