Monkeydoodles
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am an EU student from Denmark, who received an offer to study medicine form both Keele and Anglia Ruskin. Personally, I find myself leaning towards Keele because of the beautiful location, and the PBL style of teaching. However, I'd like to hear your guys' opinion about the two unis. I would really appreciate if some of you kind folks could help me make my final decision.
ARUStudents
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi!
I'm Faye one of the digital student ambassadors for ARU and I am in my second year of Medicine so if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help out!

Here's are some brief points about my experience doing Medicine at ARU. It is an integrated course so there are elements of PBL, clinical placements and more traditional teaching. My favourite parts about the course and elements I think make med at ARU individual are:
- clinical placements from November of 1st year
- small year groups and community feel to the med school
- full body cadaveric dissection
- brand new facillities
- systems based curriculum (e.g. cardiovascular system, respiratory system etc)

As I said, that's a brief summary of my experience. If theres anything specific you'd like to learn more about, let me know!

Faye
Anonymous778
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ARUStudents)
Hi!
I'm Faye one of the digital student ambassadors for ARU and I am in my second year of Medicine so if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help out!

Here's are some brief points about my experience doing Medicine at ARU. It is an integrated course so there are elements of PBL, clinical placements and more traditional teaching. My favourite parts about the course and elements I think make med at ARU individual are:
- clinical placements from November of 1st year
- small year groups and community feel to the med school
- full body cadaveric dissection
- brand new facillities
- systems based curriculum (e.g. cardiovascular system, respiratory system etc)

As I said, that's a brief summary of my experience. If theres anything specific you'd like to learn more about, let me know!

Faye
Hi , I just wanted to ask, is there any single sex accommodation with en suites?
How many students intake a year?
Keele Student Ambassador1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Monkeydoodles)
I am an EU student from Denmark, who received an offer to study medicine form both Keele and Anglia Ruskin. Personally, I find myself leaning towards Keele because of the beautiful location, and the PBL style of teaching. However, I'd like to hear your guys' opinion about the two unis. I would really appreciate if some of you kind folks could help me make my final decision.
Hello there! First of all, congratulations on your offer from Keele! I am a second year Physics student at Keele, so I thought I'd jump on the thread to let you know that if you have any questions that might help you make a decision, please don't hesitate to ask and I will be glad to help!
Unfortunately, I don't know much about the medicine course however, we do have a virtual platform where you can chat to current Keele students on! If you are interested, you can visit the platform through this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/

Hope this helps! If you have any questions about the university or the area, please don't hesitate to reply to this!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
13.89%
I need help researching courses (5)
6.94%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (30)
41.67%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.78%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.17%

Watched Threads