2020_f
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I need to lose 20kg because I’ve gained so much weight, I’ve been trying to lose weight for so many years now I’m 15 , 5”3 , and 80kg I want to get to 60kg before September , I’ve tried doing so much and I lost all my motivation so I gave dieting a break and now I want to again so I can lose all of this weight once and for all so I can finally be happy because I hate how I look and feel at the moment, my motivation comes and goes and I don’t have very good self control but I really want to lose weight it’s been my number one goal for years. How can I do this anything you recommend ?
charlieg9805
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do more cardio to loose the wait and then do strengthening exercises to tone up
TasteLikeChicken
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's mainly diet. This quarantine has helped me be more disciplined, somehow. Try to get into the mindset that you can't do much for the next few weeks/months, aside from follow a healthier diet and exercise. There are plenty of cardio workouts you can find on YouTube, and same for nutrition advice. I can be very undisciplined too, but it's all mindset. Obviously, easier said than done, but you can do it.
TeenRose29
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well that's a bit of an ask considering the gyms are closed lolll..
Anyway, from personal experience I lost 25kg in about 5 months.. but that was from a strict calorie deficit and a lot of training, cardio and strength exercises. You have to have the passion and dedication to do it really, that's what drives you. But no matter what weight your at you can still hate the way you look. I went from 93kg to 68kg now and I'm still unhappy with the way I look but I do hope you can achieve your goal and you feel a lot better about yourself.

Also, try to consume more protein because it can help suppress your appetite and reduce your hunger cravings. Foods like tuna, eggs, chicken etc.
Last edited by TeenRose29; 1 year ago
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 2020_f)
I need to lose 20kg because I’ve gained so much weight, I’ve been trying to lose weight for so many years now I’m 15 , 5”3 , and 80kg I want to get to 60kg before September , I’ve tried doing so much and I lost all my motivation so I gave dieting a break and now I want to again so I can lose all of this weight once and for all so I can finally be happy because I hate how I look and feel at the moment, my motivation comes and goes and I don’t have very good self control but I really want to lose weight it’s been my number one goal for years. How can I do this anything you recommend ?
Set weekly targets say 1kg/week.
Find out your base metabolic rate
create a diet lower than this, and exercise as well. (using a mix of HIIT cardio & muscular strength and endurance, this will increase your metabolic rate and burn as many calories as possible).

Long story short: diet & exercise.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've read this at least ten times in the past few months. Unless there's a load of very overweight 5'3" fifteen-year-olds, it must be you repeatedly posting the same question under different usernames.

Why?
2020_f
Rep:
?
(Original post by TasteLikeChicken)
It's mainly diet. This quarantine has helped me be more disciplined, somehow. Try to get into the mindset that you can't do much for the next few weeks/months, aside from follow a healthier diet and exercise. There are plenty of cardio workouts you can find on YouTube, and same for nutrition advice. I can be very undisciplined too, but it's all mindset. Obviously, easier said than done, but you can do it.
thank you very much are there any cardio workouts you can reccomend?
2020_f
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Set weekly targets say 1kg/week.
Find out your base metabolic rate
create a diet lower than this, and exercise as well. (using a mix of HIIT cardio & muscular strength and endurance, this will increase your metabolic rate and burn as many calories as possible).

Long story short: diet & exercise.
thank you very much so should i do strength and toning exercises as well as cardio or should i focus on cardio first to lose the fat then do toning exercises?
2020_f
Rep:
?
(Original post by TeenRose29)
Well that's a bit of an ask considering the gyms are closed lolll..
Anyway, from personal experience I lost 25kg in about 5 months.. but that was from a strict calorie deficit and a lot of training, cardio and strength exercises. You have to have the passion and dedication to do it really, that's what drives you. But no matter what weight your at you can still hate the way you look. I went from 93kg to 68kg now and I'm still unhappy with the way I look but I do hope you can achieve your goal and you feel a lot better about yourself.

Also, try to consume more protein because it can help suppress your appetite and reduce your hunger cravings. Foods like tuna, eggs, chicken etc.
i know its really frustrating, i am trying to do workouts at home though, when you say a strict calorie deficit, roughly what would you eat in a day? and thank you very much for the supportive advice.
2020_f
Rep:
?
(Original post by charlieg9805)
do more cardio to loose the wait and then do strengthening exercises to tone up
so should i not do any toning/strengthening excersises eg ab workouts until i lose the weight?
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thank you very much so should i do strength and toning exercises as well as cardio or should i focus on cardio first to lose the fat then do toning exercises?
Well I wouldn't do any exercise done purely for asthetics until your at your target weight.

I would do a mix of long cardio and stretching sessions to keep you ticking over,
but mostly: super high heart rate circuit training (you can mix in some weights in these, but focus on pushing body into anaerobic respiration) & some weights mixed between muscular endurance and strength.

Id do long cardio and stretching in either the morning or evening then do the circuits & weight training in your normal workout slot.
TasteLikeChicken
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thank you very much are there any cardio workouts you can reccomend?
To be honest, I don't use YouTube cardio workouts, but there are so many on there. Just search for them and watch a few and see what you like and what are at your level.
TeenRose29
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i know its really frustrating, i am trying to do workouts at home though, when you say a strict calorie deficit, roughly what would you eat in a day? and thank you very much for the supportive advice.
I tend to consume around 1,200 calories a day which is indeed a deficit. For breakfast I have a sachet of oats made with boiling water and I tend to add blueberries because it’s very bland alone. For lunch, I’ll have boiled chicken with some salt and pepper with Brussel sprouts, brocolli, carrots etc. For dinner I have a small piece of salmon, grilled, add a bit of spice and with avocado, alongside training. A lot of the time I do consume a little under the 1,200 but don’t do that.
Last edited by TeenRose29; 1 year ago
Proxenus
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
cals in vs cals out

cardio is not effective for losing weight

30mins sweaty running burn about 250 cals

but eating a small kitkat is 200 cals

all that hard work to remove a kitkat

focus on diet.
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Workout your TDEE, eat 500kcals below that, eat a lot of protein.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.45%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
43.64%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads