The Student Room Group

EU Settlement Scheme

Hi guys, I'm an EU citizen and I'm about to apply for the status, but I'm not sure if I should apply as a child or create separate application. I've lived in the UK for almost 2 years and I know I'd get the pre-settle status if I applied on my own. But, I'm also 20, so I can apply as a child and my dad's lived here for 15 years. I read that I could get the same status as him no matter how long I live here. However, he became British citizen 2 years ago (he has dual citizenship now). I know I won't get the citizenship as he has, but is it possible for me to still apply as his child or maybe get the settled status if I'd do it?
I tried looking online but couldn't find anything, everything is about parents and kids applying now together or children of British citizen's partners.
Reply 1
Can't say i know anything about this topic but i would advise you to consult an immigration lawyer or the relevant government agency for clarification.
Reply 2
Original post by Joanna525
Hi guys, I'm an EU citizen and I'm about to apply for the status, but I'm not sure if I should apply as a child or create separate application. I've lived in the UK for almost 2 years and I know I'd get the pre-settle status if I applied on my own. But, I'm also 20, so I can apply as a child and my dad's lived here for 15 years. I read that I could get the same status as him no matter how long I live here. However, he became British citizen 2 years ago (he has dual citizenship now). I know I won't get the citizenship as he has, but is it possible for me to still apply as his child or maybe get the settled status if I'd do it?
I tried looking online but couldn't find anything, everything is about parents and kids applying now together or children of British citizen's

Hi please visit https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/apply-settled-status-for-child

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending