Advice (pharmacy & prescription) acne related.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey all,

I'm looking for advice regarding my local pharmacy, i was given a 3 month course of antibiotics for acne by my GP and he expressed how important it is i don't miss more than four days or it resets my progress..anyhow my first 2 months were fine but i went to my local pharmacy a few days ago for my final months worth of antibiotics and they told me they only have 2 boxes (i need 4) so i paid £9 and they gave me the two boxes and gave me a 'owed slip' and told me to go back yesterday for the other two boxes, i went back and was told they don't have any and (get this) they told me to just ring my GP and start a whole new treatment keeping in mind you have to wait 3 months in between antibiotics..and they're refusing to give me my 2 owed boxes and due to this the current two i have are pointless so me paying £9 was also pointless...i personally think they do have some left but are running low and they're deciding who should and shouldn't have them...personally i don't think thats their right to make, acne may not seem serious to them but i have had it 8 years and just because they dont think its "serious" doesn't give them the right to just say screw him tell him there isn't any and just to start a new treatment and we'll give them this person instead.

Why take £9 and give me 2 boxes and tell me to come back if they knew they wouldn't have enough? (women told me because i paid she'll reserve 2 boxes for me)

They now want me to just stop my 3 month course that i have completed 2 months worth of already and dealt with side effects and spent £21 on and wasted so much of my time...its like starting accutane for 3 months and on second month being told to just stop and start another treatment and they just keep your final months prescription money and expect you to start a new treatment over again and pay again LOL.

What are my options? surely this isn't right...how can they just turn around to someone after completing 2/3 months of antibiotics and tell them to just start all over and keep their money? surely i can report this to NHS England or something? the fact i have put up with side effects and took it 2 months and almost completed it has annoyed me more than £21 but even still, if you pay for something you should get it....advice please as i'm basically stuck with no treatment now and feel like i have wasted so much time and money for literally nothing..my GP has even backed me up but has no power.
Becca_H_97
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you asked them why you can’t have the last two boxes? There are quite lot of shortages at the minute and if that was the case then they should have explained that for you. Also it might be worth speaking to the manager/pharmacist in charge if you can’t get a straight answer of of other members of staff
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I did ask again and he simply told me "we dont have any, ring your GP and get put on another treatment" so i asked him "Why did your member of staff take £9 and give me a 'owed slip' and tell me because i need 4 and they can only give me 2 they now owe me 2 boxes so they'll reserve 2 boxes but clearly she never did..now i'm paying the price of wasting money and 10 weeks on a course i can no longer complete.

Pretty sure the guy who told me this is the manager and even if he isn't they're all friend circled so reporting anything to one of them is pointless, phoned my GP again and he told me i have been on the max number of antibiotics allowed and the only next option for me would be Accutane but because of this virus going on nobody can be referred so he suggested just sticking with benzoyl peroxide for however long this virus goes on for which sucks as it does nothing and have been on it like 4 years...country is just a mess, someone else i over heard was also being denied tablets but the funny thing is this time they didn't have the shutter down so the ones they claimed they didn't have i could see like 6 or 7 boxes or the shelve....so to me it just confirmed that they're basically just deciding who deserves it over others which in my opinion isn't their choice to make and according to regulations its definitely not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.09%
Uncertainty around my education (37)
10.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (40)
11.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
13.62%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.64%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.72%
Financial worries (24)
6.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.35%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.09%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.9%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (35)
10.14%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed