Jack Ang
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey folks! I would like to ask whether the Bachelor Degree in Politics would involves many mathematical calculation?
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Well no, it’s politics
Jack Ang
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So it’s like zero maths? Like no calculation at all, just studies?
username5021294
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Predominantly and by a very high margin, the core modules of most degrees in politics deal with political theory, organisations, government policies, ideology, identity, human rights, etc.

Yet, there exists a few political scientists who use quantitative methods and statistics venturing into areas such as voting behaviour, data collection and other numerical outcomes. These people are relatively rare but they do exist in departments and are sometimes necessary. From the student perspective, this will most probably be an optional module -- if it is offered at all.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Jack Ang)
So it’s like zero maths? Like no calculation at all, just studies?
Moved to the politics courses forum
University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Jack Ang)
Hey folks! I would like to ask whether the Bachelor Degree in Politics would involves many mathematical calculation?
Hi Jack Ang
I'm a first year politics student at the University of East Anglia and have found that so far there are no calculations involved but you do use data and so data interpretation is required. I would look at whether the course is a BA or BSc because a BSc in politics takes a more scientific approach so you may have to do some maths
Let us know if you have any other questions
Sophie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (31)
34.83%
No (46)
51.69%
I don't know (12)
13.48%

Watched Threads