Want more information about this university?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Thinking of studying Music at university?

Studying Music can open up a world of opportunities. Many Music graduates go on to have successful careers in many different fields - working for education and healthcare services to working in television or music production. Music can be an extremely rewarding and exciting degree to study. Here are 5 main reasons you might consider studying Music at Liverpool Hope University:

1. Lots of learning opportunities - Our Music course offers the chance to learn about a whole range of topics within the field of Music, focusing on historical, analytical, academic, compositional and performance skills. The course focuses on a mix of popular and classical elements, allowing for the chance to learn about a huge scope of music. In the first year, students can begin to learn the basics of Music Production (if you are interested in Music Production in more depth - we also offer Music Production as a Combined Honours course). Students also benefit from one-to-one tuition in their chosen instrument or voice.
  2. Partnerships with external organisations - The university has partnerships with a range of external organisations, including Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Milapfest and the European Opera Centre. Students get the opportunity to enjoy performances organised by these organisations, both on campus and around Liverpool.
  3. Liverpool Hope is an all-Steinway Music School - This means that all of Liverpool Hope’s main pianos are made by Steinway & Sons, so the models used for both teaching and study are of incredibly high quality. The Music department also has a chamber organ and two harpsichords for students to use.
  4. Single and Combined options - At Liverpool Hope, Music can be studied either on its own or as a Combined Honours course. As a Combined Honours, Music can be studied with a range of subjects, from Psychology to Tourism, Early Childhood to Interactive & Immersive Performance.
  5. The facilities - The Music course is housed within the Capstone Theatre - Liverpool Hope’s commercial theatre. The site is comprised of a mix of teaching rooms, practice rooms, computer suites and recording spaces. As the Capstone is also a commercial theatre, Music students benefit from a full programme of Music, Dance and Drama performances. Many performances also offer free tickets, allowing for fun and cheap nights out!

For more information, check out our website. If you have any questions about Music at Liverpool Hope, feel free to ask!

Melissa :nopity:
Last edited by Liverpool Hope University; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.35%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (78)
28.06%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (102)
36.69%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (37)
13.31%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.6%

Watched Threads