The Student Room Group

COVID 19 advice for high risk people

So, I work for Boots as a customer advisor and I have been told to self isolate for atleast 7 days. Nonetheless, symptoms went to worst and been extended to another week. Thankfully, I feel much better. I still dont know if I had COVID19 since I had no tempetature but sore throat and nasal congestion was present with difficulties to breath due to my athma.My issue here is that, I can't risk going out to work with my asthma.I called my GP and they told me to still work with 2m social distancing and do excercise.Unfortunately, I can't do that . My mentioned pathology gets bad with just a simple catarrh or cold. Plus I had previous pneuominia cases and had been sent to hospital when my inhaler hasn't work and switched to a nebulizer to help me with my breathing. At this point I feel like I need to quit my job since my health is more important and can't put my family in risk. I don't know what to do.
Do you qualify for the free nhs flu jab? If so you are advised by the government to take social distancing more seriously.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults

My place of work will give you full payed leave if your entitled to the flu jab and feel the need to follow the government action. I’d suggest you speak to your line manager on the phone or when your next in if you do get the flu jab.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Do you qualify for the free nhs flu jab? If so you are advised by the government to take social distancing more seriously.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults

My place of work will give you full payed leave if your entitled to the flu jab and feel the need to follow the government action. I’d suggest you speak to your line manager on the phone or when your next in if you do get the flu jab.

Yes, I'm entitled to the flu jab. Nonetheless, my work doesn't care at all if I suffer from Asthma or had Clinical background with my lungs. They just want me into work. Regardless I explained the situation to them .

Quick Reply

Latest