Lemon 24
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi guys,
I just wanted some advice on the cardiac physiology course as I am considering to take it for uni.
I just wanted to know some basic things like is the job easy, fun and interesting?, do you get better or same salary as nurses if you're on the same band?, is it easy to get promoted onto band 6 and 7 and how long it takes to get promoted and also is it stressful to work in band 6 and 7?
It would be helpful if you were a cardiac physiologist, but I don't mind if you are in uni either?
Please reach out to me because I'm very conflicted in which course I should take and this course is at the top of my list.
Thank you.
Phoebe134340
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I am not either university or working as a cardiac physiologist yet but it is what I want to do. When doing work experience, there were about 9 cardiac physiologists where I was at and most of them did a degree apprenticeship. They did say that the job can be highly stressful especially in the cath labs but it is a job in demand and you never stop learning (interesting I guess?). My friend does it in swansea and she says that it is really hard too and has lots of physics involved; if you aren't highly passionate about it, it would be the longest thing ever.

Hopefully more people can reply on this thread cos I would like to know more about cadiac physiology too
Lemon 24
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for your advice Phoebe!
sarah112
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, I’m a senior cardiac physiologist who graduated in 2018 and started working full time shortly after. I would say the job is interesting as I’m always learning new things. But it is demanding as expected when working in this field.

If you’re on the same band as a nurse, your pay should be the same, I’ve not heard or seen where pay is better. But progression is much quicker in this field compared to nursing.

Depending on where are you working may contribute to progression rate. I’m currently a Band 6, i became one after 8 months at band 5 and once I was signed off in working in cath labs. However, some of my peers in London are still working at band 5

To progress to band 7, will depend how long it takes for you to pass your accreditation in either echocardiography or pacing. This may take 2 years min, based on how long it took my colleagues.

Hope this is helpful.
Lemon 24
Rep:
?
Thank you that really helped!!
momeena
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Lemon 24)
Hi guys,
I just wanted some advice on the cardiac physiology course as I am considering to take it for uni.
I just wanted to know some basic things like is the job easy, fun and interesting?, do you get better or same salary as nurses if you're on the same band?, is it easy to get promoted onto band 6 and 7 and how long it takes to get promoted and also is it stressful to work in band 6 and 7?
It would be helpful if you were a cardiac physiologist, but I don't mind if you are in uni either?
Please reach out to me because I'm very conflicted in which course I should take and this course is at the top of my list.
Thank you.
Hey I have applied to this and received conditional offers from UOLeeds and MMU. Where have you applied? I haven’t been able to speak to any current student doing it at MMU as the open day was cancelled. If there are any students doing this I would be grateful on their insight on it.
Lemon 24
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by momeena)
Hey I have applied to this and received conditional offers from UOLeeds and MMU. Where have you applied? I haven’t been able to speak to any current student doing it at MMU as the open day was cancelled. If there are any students doing this I would be grateful on their insight on it.
HI, i haven't applied yet. I just wanted to know what the course for cardiac physiology is called in MMU and may i also ask what subjects you took for A-levels. Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (31)
13.72%
Virtual campus tours/open days (50)
22.12%
Live streaming events (21)
9.29%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (22)
9.73%
A uni comparison tool (52)
23.01%
An in-person event when available (50)
22.12%