andrew_b43
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I've panicked a lot about A-Levels and have been really pondering over my choices for A-Levels over the past 3 months. My initial set of options were Psychology BTEC Level 3, History & French.
I now want to change to English Literature, A-Level Psychology and keep French. Ignoring the latter two can somebody give me some advice on A-Level English Literature and what it is like compared to GCSE - my predicted grades and mock grades for GCSE Level for both Language and Literature are 9, so will I find it a huge jump or not?
Many thanks,
Andrew :-)
SashaB
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi! A level is a jump from GCSE, but good grades at GCSE definitely help. If you can analyse the texts well and have original ideas then you’ll be fine- but it’s a lot more independent. While GCSE English is very spoon fed in the question types, A Level you will need to be really analytical and have your own opinions. But you get two years to learn that so you should be fine! Good luck
aiham20
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey, I'm in year 13 and just did OCR English Literature it is definitely going to seem like a huge jump from GCSE's at first.
when I first started I didn't really like it because of how much history is in it but as time passes I started to enjoy learning the context behind the texts and seeing as you were initially wanting history, English will still consist of a lot of context/AO3 as in dystopia for OCR it is 50% worth of marks.
You'll definitely find it odd at first but I'm sure you'll enjoy it pretty quickly seeing as you did so great in GCSE and wanted to do history anyways
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (1)
33.33%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (1)
33.33%
I have already dropped out (0)
0%
I'm not a current university student (1)
33.33%

Watched Threads