Struggling to figure out what university to choose?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
yotsr123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Attached is a document that will help you decide and narrow down all universities down to one. It's easy to be swayed by one factor or by your idea of the university, but this table will help you to actually see what university will be right for you (and it may suprise you!) When I used this, I was definitely surprised at what university was a good fit me, and actually the university I wanted to go ended up being rated the bottom once I was finished.

It's a word document so you can edit it and add more or less factors specific to your course and what you want in a university

Here it is attached
Last edited by yotsr123; 1 year ago
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yotsr123)
Attached is a document that will help you decide and narrow down all universities down to one. It's easy to be swayed by one factor or by your idea of the university, but this table will help you to actually see what university will be right for you (and it may suprise you!) When I used this, I was definitely suprised at what university was a good fit me, and actually the university I wanted to go ended up being rated the bottom once I was finished.

Here it is attached
A good start ...

Nothing included about a year abroad or a year in industry - very important for some degrees.

Accommodation? Range of choice - some people might need catered [long hours of lectures, workshops, labs]

Support for special needs/access arrangements

How did you long-list? What else did you look at?
yotsr123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
A good start ...

Nothing included about a year abroad or a year in industry - very important for some degrees.

Accommodation? Range of choice - some people might need catered [long hours of lectures, workshops, labs]

Support for special needs/access arrangements

How did you long-list? What else did you look at?
This is just a general list and those who need certain specifics can simply amend the list with the things that are most important to them!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is just a general list and those who need certain specifics can simply amend the list with the things that are most important to them!
Perhaps you need to say that in your original post then? You present it as a finished article.
yotsr123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Perhaps you need to say that in your original post then? You present it as a finished article.
done
mum2twoboys
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Attached is a document that will help you decide and narrow down all universities down to one. It's easy to be swayed by one factor or by your idea of the university, but this table will help you to actually see what university will be right for you (and it may suprise you!) When I used this, I was definitely surprised at what university was a good fit me, and actually the university I wanted to go ended up being rated the bottom once I was finished.

It's a word document so you can edit it and add more or less factors specific to your course and what you want in a university

Here it is attached
Doesn't seem to have attachment?
azee.acc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
can't find the attachment
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (29)
13.49%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.51%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.19%
I need help with my personal statement (90)
41.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
24.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
1.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (17)
7.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed