The Student Room Group

My nose piercing problem

I got my nose pierced back in October. I had to change my piecing almost instantly for school and I’ve changed it a lot but recently I’ve experienced problems. My stud got ripped out and around the hole it was swollen and had a big spot ( not a actual spot but looked like one ) and whilst I was trying to put it back in it bled. Eventually my mum gave me a earring ( which is made of silver) as we couldn’t find another stud and I was concerned at how sore it was and the bump. I thought it could be infected or something and read this story about a girl being paralysed from her piercing and panicked. I started applying saltwater to it regularly. My problem now is that the stud is getting really stiff and hard to move/ take out and it hurts so much if I try. Please help!
just to be safe I would not put anything in the pierced hole and let it heal you could also get cleaning solution with a cotton bud and clean round the hole everyday
Reply 2
I had this problem with my nose piercing too. I think you should see a piercer and they’ll probably advise 1 of 2 things. Either put in a proper stud, as long term sterling silver is not good for piercings, or do chamomile tea soaks instead of everything else as over cleaning won’t help. I ended up taking mine out and getting the other side pierced but I wouldn’t panic too much as bumps on nose piercings are really common!

Quick Reply

Latest