My nose piercing problem

Watch
Lebraer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I got my nose pierced back in October. I had to change my piecing almost instantly for school and I’ve changed it a lot but recently I’ve experienced problems. My stud got ripped out and around the hole it was swollen and had a big spot ( not a actual spot but looked like one ) and whilst I was trying to put it back in it bled. Eventually my mum gave me a earring ( which is made of silver) as we couldn’t find another stud and I was concerned at how sore it was and the bump. I thought it could be infected or something and read this story about a girl being paralysed from her piercing and panicked. I started applying saltwater to it regularly. My problem now is that the stud is getting really stiff and hard to move/ take out and it hurts so much if I try. Please help!
Kayla3002
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
just to be safe I would not put anything in the pierced hole and let it heal you could also get cleaning solution with a cotton bud and clean round the hole everyday
mz025
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I had this problem with my nose piercing too. I think you should see a piercer and they’ll probably advise 1 of 2 things. Either put in a proper stud, as long term sterling silver is not good for piercings, or do chamomile tea soaks instead of everything else as over cleaning won’t help. I ended up taking mine out and getting the other side pierced but I wouldn’t panic too much as bumps on nose piercings are really common!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.35%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (78)
28.06%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (102)
36.69%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (37)
13.31%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.6%

Watched Threads