Severely Obese: Will (800 calorie diet) produce results?

Watch
jane10921
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I weigh 78kg and I'm extremely obese as I'm short. I can barely walk a few metres cause of my size.I have diabetes, high blood pressure and asthma. I am stuck at home after uni is cancelled and I need to lose some weight. Will a 800 calorie diet mean I can lose 30 kg? Will a treadmill help?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes but with diabetes make sure your blood glucose is still in a safe range. 800 every day isn't ideal though, best to alternate.
jane10921
Rep:
?
Due to my height I gain weight extremely easily. I eat only 2300 calories a day and I am obese
username3673602
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1200 is as low as you should go tbh. How short are you to be extremely obese at 78kg ? Honestly if you get moving and up your veg and protein intake and cut out junk you won’t even have to worry about calories. Focus on whole foods and activity

I would also say that if your a girl which I’m assuming you are, gaining weight on 2300 calories isn’t a metabolic issue - it’s just too much food. You should probably be at 1850-2000.
Last edited by username3673602; 1 year ago
jane10921
Rep:
?
(Original post by Caea)
1200 is as low as you should go tbh. How short are you to be extremely obese at 78kg ? Honestly if you get moving and up your veg and protein intake and cut out junk you won’t even have to worry about calories. Focus on whole foods and activity
I am 5'4 . But I have a really small frame and bone structure. So I can barely walk because of my weight.

I just gain weight very easily. I eat the same as my sister and she is only 49kg (same height). We always eat together so I know my body's metabolism is slow.
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jane10921)
I weigh 78kg and I'm extremely obese as I'm short. I can barely walk a few metres cause of my size.I have diabetes, high blood pressure and asthma. I am stuck at home after uni is cancelled and I need to lose some weight. Will a 800 calorie diet mean I can lose 30 kg? Will a treadmill help?
You shouldn't go below 1000cals otherwise you start using up more muscle than fat and your metabolism may slow. 1200-1300 would be best

If in doubt, please check with your doctor :yep:
username3673602
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am 5'4 . But I have a really small frame and bone structure. So I can barely walk because of my weight.

I just gain weight very easily. I eat the same as my sister and she is only 49kg (same height). We always eat together so I know my body's metabolism is slow.
I would really really check this with a doctor doll. 78kg isn’t THAT heavy for 5’4 that is should be affecting your walking. Like your bmi is only 29.3, that’s not even obese ! I’m sure everything’s fine but worth checking x
Last edited by username3673602; 1 year ago
jane10921
Rep:
?
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
You shouldn't go below 1000cals otherwise you start using up more muscle than fat and your metabolism may slow. 1200-1300 would be best

If in doubt, please check with your doctor :yep:
I've tried a 1200 calorie diet and only managed to get to 57kg. I was still fat (visibly )
jane10921
Rep:
?
(Original post by Caea)
I would really really check this with a doctor doll. 78kg isn’t THAT heavy for 5’4 that is should be affecting your walking. Like your bmi is only 29.3, that’s not even obese ! I’m sure everything’s fine but worth checking x
I wear a size 20, I think thats obese
username3673602
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wear a size 20, I think thats obese
NHS bmi wise it literally isn’t
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should be on a 500 calorie deficit for the best results, this will minimize muscle loss and ensure you stick to the diet for a long time as the deficit isn't crazy. Make sure you eat a lot of protein too.
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've tried a 1200 calorie diet and only managed to get to 57kg. I was still fat (visibly )
Down from 78kg? That's amazing. Keep going with that and persevere - there's no quick fix, it's a life style change for the long term. In simple terms its about making sure you have less calories in than you burn.
AngeloUq
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Work on not eating anything for lunch and dinner except fruits and veggies for up to a count of two weeks. The results are usually magical. Do this and thank me later
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AngeloUq)
Work on not eating anything for lunch and dinner except fruits and veggies for up to a count of two weeks. The results are usually magical. Do this and thank me later
Yea 100% this will lead to weight loss and loss of mental well being.
jane10921
Rep:
?
Down from 78kg? That's amazing. Keep going with that and persevere - there's no quick fix, it's a life style change for the long term. In simple terms its about making sure you have less calories in than you burn.
In January 2018 I weighed around 78kg, by the end of the year (December time) I was 57kg.

I gained it all back though in 2019 and 2020
jane10921
Rep:
?
When I lost weight, my health improved, asthma, diabetes and blood pressure disappeared .

Like a miracle

I need to lose weight my goal is 48kg. I just dont know what to do, do you any meal or exercise recommendations
Academicbee123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How tall are you?
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's dangerous. Seriously dangerous. Sure you'll lose the weight, but you'll pile it back on super quickly.

1200-1500 calories is a good starting point, or even find a macro calculator online and focus on your fats, protein and carb intake. Make small swaps weekly, ie fizzy drink to squash, milk chocolate to dark chocolate, swap a carb serving like potato for a veg serving.

Consistency is key. Find an exercise you can enjoy. Weight lifting, walking, cycling etc. Stick on some YouTube videos and do home workouts with this lockdown going on (MadFit has some great no equipment home workouts).

Consistency and habit forming is what you should be focusing on and not searching for that "perfect" weight. Aim to FEEL good in your skin.
jane10921
Rep:
?
(Original post by Airmed)
That's dangerous. Seriously dangerous. Sure you'll lose the weight, but you'll pile it back on super quickly.

1200-1500 calories is a good starting point, or even find a macro calculator online and focus on your fats, protein and carb intake. Make small swaps weekly, ie fizzy drink to squash, milk chocolate to dark chocolate, swap a carb serving like potato for a veg serving.

Consistency is key. Find an exercise you can enjoy. Weight lifting, walking, cycling etc. Stick on some YouTube videos and do home workouts with this lockdown going on (MadFit has some great no equipment home workouts).

Consistency and habit forming is what you should be focusing on and not searching for that "perfect" weight. Aim to FEEL good in your skin.
1200 is too high. I was fat at that weight, I wore a size 14, 57kg. Small frame/bone structure

Just asking how much calories (diet plan) and calories to weigh around 47/48kg
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1200 is too high. I was fat at that weight, I wore a size 14, 57kg. Small frame/bone structure

Just asking how much calories (diet plan) and calories to weigh around 47/48kg
I wear a size 12-14, I'm 5'6, and I'm healthy. 1200 is perfectly healthy and anything lower will be a massive recipe for disaster.

Honestly, Google will tell you. You should aim to lose between 0.5kg to 1kg a week if you want to do it safely. I can't tell you since I don't know how old you are, what your activity levels are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (113)
40.65%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.43%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (21)
7.55%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (64)
23.02%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.51%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.83%

Watched Threads