The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Physicsqueen
Hi everyone😊. I’m going to be studying physics with particle physics and cosmology.

Hi, we'll probably be in some of the same lectures!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by RAB2018
Hi, we'll probably be in some of the same lectures!

Hi 😊
Original post by Physicsqueen
Hi 😊

Hi there,

I'm Laura and one of the University's student ambassadors! Its great to see so many of you coming to Lancaster and getting to know each other already! I'm a fourth year Economics Student and in Pendle College, I was part of the trampolining and music societies. If you have any questions please let me know and I would be happy to help!

Best wishes,
Laura Trigg
Hi I’m Jordyn, I’m from Northern Ireland and I’m hoping to study Mathematics!😊
Hey I’m from Ireland my name is Eunan and I’ve got an unconditional for software engineering at Lancaster
Reply 25
Hi I’m Katie, will be studying English Lang& linguistics :-)
Hey, I’m Aliya, I’m gonna be studying law and I’m from London :smile:I’m a lil bit nervous since Lancs is so far from London so don’t be afraid to message me, I’d love to know people before I get there 😂
Reply 27
Hey, I'm Charlotte and I'm from Kent so.. it's a bit of a long drive to lancs and I'm hopefully gonna be studying politics and sociology :smile:
Original post by LittleIrishGeek
Hi I’m Jordyn, I’m from Northern Ireland and I’m hoping to study Mathematics!😊

hey, i’m from northern ireland too! i’m gonna be studying english lit :smile:
Original post by Just_aliya
Hey, I’m Aliya, I’m gonna be studying law and I’m from London :smile:I’m a lil bit nervous since Lancs is so far from London so don’t be afraid to message me, I’d love to know people before I get there 😂

Hi Aliya, we might be in some of the same lectures!!
Original post by Just_aliya

Hi, I'm Favour, I'm also studying law and I'm from Essex/East London.
Original post by catboyd12

Which dorm are you requesting? Do most English Lit people stay together?
Original post by mollychambersx
Hi Aliya, we might be in some of the same lectures!!

That’s so cool, I look forward to meeting you then! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Which dorm are you requesting? Do most English Lit people stay together?

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm a first year English Lit, Creative Writing and Practice student at Lancaster.

You'll find that you'll make friends across campus, ranging from those you meet in your lectures, to those in your college accommodation, and those in the societies you join.

However, it's great that so many of you can get in touch before the year begins - I know I was particularly excited to meet all the people I'd met online beforehand!

If you have any questions about studying English or about uni life in general, I'd be happy to help!

Maria :smile:
1st year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
Hi, I'm Sophie :smile:
I'm going to be studying Management and Spanish Studies and I'm from Bristol
Original post by catboyd12

Heya, awww that’s class!😊
Hi everyone, just thought id post this important update on lancasters website. not seen this until this morning and has appeared in the Tab student news webpate today also.

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/coronavirus/applicants/#

click on witll there be teaching, delivered on line on campus or both question........

''We’re making sure we’re prepared for whatever happens. That means being ready to offer teaching, support services and access to our University community on campus, online or through a combination of both.

What this means is that you will still be able to engage with your programme effectively, and receive a high-quality learning experience, no matter what the circumstances.

We know that it’s not just the course content that’s important, and that your student experience is vital too. Across the University, we’re working to maximise the student experience while maintaining a safe environment for everyone.

If social distancing affects how we can use rooms, we will prioritise the face-to-face delivery of practical work, laboratory sessions and small group tutorials and seminars over those where social distancing will be more challenging (e.g. lectures).

We are also establishing a set of quality standards for online delivery, should it be required. And through our colleges, Students’ Union and support services, we’re making sure you have the pastoral support you need as well as ways to reach out to each other in our University community.

We are also lucky to have a green and spacious campus. This enables us to plan and organise our space to maximise the safety of our students and staff''''
Reply 37
Hi, I’ll be studying Criminology and Sociology in September. I live in North Yorkshire.
Hello, my name is Berkin and I'm from Germany/Turkey. I'll be doing Theoretical Physics starting this year :smile: Hope to meet you all soon!
Original post by BerkinGurbuz
Hello, my name is Berkin and I'm from Germany/Turkey. I'll be doing Theoretical Physics starting this year :smile: Hope to meet you all soon!

Hi :smile:. I’m studying physics with particle physics and cosmology

Latest

Trending

Trending