The Student Room Group

Appealing uni rejection

Hi, my friend got rejected from UCL despite having the required predicted grades and a strong personal statement. If he wanted to appeal the decision and get the uni to reconsider his application, how would he do that? I know that it most likely won't work but there's no harm in trying so if you have any suggestions please tell us!

Original post by dumbhermione
Hi, my friend got rejected from UCL despite having the required predicted grades and a strong personal statement. If he wanted to appeal the decision and get the uni to reconsider his application, how would he do that? I know that it most likely won't work but there's no harm in trying so if you have any suggestions please tell us!

You cant unless there was something substantially unfair or wrong in the way assessed.
Entrance grades are min and many will have better.
Just as some will have not just strong personal statements, but better.
You dont know who he was competing against.

Best you can do imo is just get feedback.
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/application/selection-students

“Decisions on the admission of applicants are final and there is normally no right of appeal against such decisions.

We will only consider a complaint relating to an applicant for admission if there is substantive evidence of irregularity in the procedure under which the application has been processed”

UCL are very competitive. Excellent grades and a good PS are just the minimum to even be considered. They won’t reconsider a decision so long as the correct process was followed. Your friend needs to take it on the chin and move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending