DonnieBrasco
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi guys,

I've just got my job rotations for F1/F2 and unfortunately I didnt get any ED or ICU rotations as I was hoping for (I want to do anaesthetics). My question now is, can I do F3 in ED or ICU? Ideally I wanted to go away for a year, maybe NZ or Aus and do ED or ICU for a year there but I dont know if that has now gone out the window because I havent got either of those in my F1 or F2.

My other question is, because I dont have foundation posts in either ED or ICU I wont be able to score the points on CT application (from the RCoA guidelines). What is the best way to ensure I get some experience of ICU or ED before applying for CT training?

Thanks
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by DonnieBrasco)
Hi guys,

I've just got my job rotations for F1/F2 and unfortunately I didnt get any ED or ICU rotations as I was hoping for (I want to do anaesthetics). My question now is, can I do F3 in ED or ICU? Ideally I wanted to go away for a year, maybe NZ or Aus and do ED or ICU for a year there but I dont know if that has now gone out the window because I havent got either of those in my F1 or F2.

My other question is, because I dont have foundation posts in either ED or ICU I wont be able to score the points on CT application (from the RCoA guidelines). What is the best way to ensure I get some experience of ICU or ED before applying for CT training?

Thanks
It's certainly possible to get a UK ED FY3 job (e.g. a fellowship) without Foundation experience.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I got an "F3" in ICU with no previous experience, quite a few hospitals will advertise "junior clinical fellow" or similar posts. You can also get points for a taster week.
HHaricot
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by DonnieBrasco)
Hi guys,

Thanks
Do a taster week in each. Do a quality improvement project each year that involves either.
Start as an FiY1! Think they are all going to be relevant posts.
Think that the RCoA guidance likely to change. With the study leave rules, and the need to not disadvantage people that arent rich, having mega numbers of courses is going to come out of most applications
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
18.03%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads