The Student Room Group

Will you get retaught the relevant gcse content at a level?

Due to schools closing and no GCSE exams I haven’t been taught the last few modules of my subjects. Also without revising I don’t think I fully understand each topic. Anyway, I was wondering whether the gap from GCSEs to A level is like the jump from year 9 to GCSEs and we’d be retaught all of the relevant info, or if it’s just picked up from where year 11 ended and I’d have to learn the content. P.s this is mostly just me being lazy :smile: Hope you are all coping with isolation and the complete lack of motivation to do absolutely anything. Thanks in advance
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Lugood04
Due to schools closing and no GCSE exams I haven’t been taught the last few modules of my subjects. Also without revising I don’t think I fully understand each topic. Anyway, I was wondering whether the gap from GCSEs to A level is like the jump from year 9 to GCSEs and we’d be retaught all of the relevant info, or if it’s just picked up from where year 11 ended and I’d have to learn the content. P.s this is mostly just me being lazy :smile: Hope you are all coping with isolation and the complete lack of motivation to do absolutely anything. Thanks in advance

A levels are much harder than GCSEs and not at all like going from year 9 to gcse. And there is no chance or time or point at A level to just start with gcse stuff again. - especially if you admit to being lazy. At A level, laziness will definitely find you out!
Reply 2
I've looked through some content on the subject I wanted to do at college and in my case I chose Chemistry and some of the content are the base of GCSE and further in depth knowledge of the higher GCSE content. I would suggest you to look through the subject you want to do and the specification and pick out if it overlaps with some GCSE content and revise again, this way would get you prepare for ALevel.
Reply 3
Original post by lev0701
I've looked through some content on the subject I wanted to do at college and in my case I chose Chemistry and some of the content are the base of GCSE and further in depth knowledge of the higher GCSE content. I would suggest you to look through the subject you want to do and the specification and pick out if it overlaps with some GCSE content and revise again, this way would get you prepare for ALevel.

Thank you 😊
Reply 4
Original post by mgi
A levels are much harder than GCSEs and not at all like going from year 9 to gcse. And there is no chance or time or point at A level to just start with gcse stuff again. - especially if you admit to being lazy. At A level, laziness will definitely find you out!

I’ll get on it then, thank you!
They will go over it briefly if it's the important key facts if it's relevant to the new content but they will not go into explaining the topic and will expect you to know at GCSE. They will go ahead with learning, assuming you know your GCSE stuff. The jump from GCSEs to A-levels are definitely more difficult and visible than yr 9 to GCSEs

Quick Reply

Latest