The Student Room Group

Eu student studying in Scotland transferring to England (finance)

Hello,
I am a first-year EU student studying in Scotland. I have received a conditional offer from a university in England and want to accept it. SAAS is paying for my current university tuition, but I want to apply for a English student loan for the english university I am transferring to. Will I be able to receive loan for the whole degree from second year on (2nd and 3rd year) and will it cover the whole tuition fee? Could no find any answers to this online. Thank you!
Original post by eustudentinuk
Hello,
I am a first-year EU student studying in Scotland. I have received a conditional offer from a university in England and want to accept it. SAAS is paying for my current university tuition, but I want to apply for a English student loan for the english university I am transferring to. Will I be able to receive loan for the whole degree from second year on (2nd and 3rd year) and will it cover the whole tuition fee? Could no find any answers to this online. Thank you!

Hi there, if SAAS funded your first year, you will continue to receive funding from SAAS for the duration of the course.
Thanks, Isaac.
Even If I am not a scottish citizen
Even If I am not a scottish citizen

*** Even if I’m not a scottish citizen (Eu citizen), don’t have a permanent address in Scotland and will withdraw from the course in scotland and then start in England from second year on and move to england?
*** Even if I’m not a scottish citizen (Eu citizen), don’t have a permanent address in Scotland and will withdraw from the course in scotland and then start in England from second year on and move to england?

If you withdraw from your course then you will be classed as a new student. You can apply for the EU funding or if you have 5 years residency in the UK then you could apply for SFE if you are a new student and residing in England not Scotland. However if you continue the course and just transfer universities and are currently receiving funding from SAAS, then you will continue to be funded by SAAS.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending