SashaB
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If anyone is struggling with revision- reply with what you’re struggling with and I’ll try and help

josie71202
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm revising I'm worried it's just not staying in my head
SashaB
Rep:
?
(Original post by holly6901)
I'm revising I'm worried it's just not staying in my head
Ok so how are you revising? Are you GCSE or A-Level?
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SashaB)
Ok so how are you revising? Are you GCSE or A-Level?
A level
I do different methods each time but it's usually a form of note-taking as I'm a read/write learner
I write online as it hurts to write on paper
Last edited by josie71202; 1 year ago
palephant
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What r u revising for 😂 exams are cancelled and I've just given up on all my revision
SashaB
Rep:
?
A level
I do different methods each time but it's usually a form of note-taking as I'm a read/write learner
I write online as it hurts to write on paper
Ok so if you want to stick to online- try switching it up a bit- make PowerPoints, there’s websites where you can make online flash cards and then test yourself. Try and only do an hour of a subject at a time- half an hour making notes then half an hour testing yourself on what you’ve learned. If you do too long it won’t stick in your head.
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ok so if you want to stick to online- try switching it up a bit- make PowerPoints, there’s websites where you can make online flash cards and then test yourself. Try and only do an hour of a subject at a time- half an hour making notes then half an hour testing yourself on what you’ve learned. If you do too long it won’t stick in your head.
I don't really set a time I just see how long it takes
I do a mix of word, PowerPoint and revision cards
SashaB
Rep:
?
I don't really set a time I just see how long it takes
I do a mix of word, PowerPoint and revision cards
What I found to work was be really strict on timing. Maybe create a timetable and assign an hour a day to each subject. And trya nd always test yourself or answer practise questions- then you're applying what you've just learnt so it's more likely to stay in your head.
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What I found to work was be really strict on timing. Maybe create a timetable and assign an hour a day to each subject. And trya nd always test yourself or answer practise questions- then you're applying what you've just learnt so it's more likely to stay in your head.
I answer practice questions but my subjects are essay subjects so the practice questions are quite long
SashaB
Rep:
?
I answer practice questions but my subjects are essay subjects so the practice questions are quite long
Haha I did all essay subjects at A Level too- so much fun lol. So maybe have an essay question for the week- spend a few days researching, making notes learning all the info. Then on the last day write the essay timed. Always get your teachers to mark any practise questions you do as well so you know what to improve on.
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Haha I did all essay subjects at A Level too- so much fun lol. So maybe have an essay question for the week- spend a few days researching, making notes learning all the info. Then on the last day write the essay timed. Always get your teachers to mark any practise questions you do as well so you know what to improve on.
good idea ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
20%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.43%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.57%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
31.43%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads