sophiesyer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
~Hi, I'm a year two student, technically. I changed one of my a-levels to applied science for my second year so I'm trying to get as much coursework done as possible as it's likely it will contribute to my grade and be sampled etc as I wont get marked normally due to COVID. There's only one other student in my sixth form who is also in year 2 applied science and he is just as clueless as I. I cant find particular methods, for example unit 2C about chromatography. I've only got unit half of 2c and 2d left and half of 4b and 4c left but I'm just stuck! Because there's only two of us year 2 students, we were doing unit 4 separate to the rest of the class as they will do it next year, this however meant that we haven't done much of it in class, only half of making ethyl ethanoate. Any help for any of those assignments would be greatly appreciated! Any websites that are good at a level 3, or just anything. thank you!
CriticalMuppet
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hiya, I've done units 2 and 4 of the Applied Science course and achieved distinction. What specifically are you looking for help with? You mention chromatography methods - there's obviously paper chromatography and TLC, do you need more information on how those are carried out?

The chemistry part of the course very closely follows a lot of information on a site called Chemguide which is very helpful. Attached is the link to their page on manufacturing ethyl ethanoate: https://www.chemguide.co.uk/physical.../esterify.html

It might be a good idea to email your teacher and ask what's expected of you since the practical part isn't finished. They might be unsure themselves at this point but it's worth bringing it to their attention.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful - let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to help
sophiesyer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi, thank you. It’s just the methods that are used for all the types of chromatography including TLC but using plants I believe and I need amino acids on paper chromatography too, ive tried contacting my teacher but I dint get much back I think He is taking the easter holiday. Thank you so much for the link and all the help !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (579)
34.28%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (695)
41.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (338)
20.01%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.56%

Watched Threads