The Student Room Group

Got blocked

Got blocked by ex boyfriend because his gf asked to see his bestfriend list and we’re good pals so I assume I was on his list and he didn’t want her to see.

We’re friends at uni and have friends in common and sometimes end up at the same parties and his gf knows me by sight.

He’s added me back conveniently now that she’s none the wiser we’re still pals.

Was this a ****ty thing for him to do and disrespectful to me just blocking me like I’m no one and hiding me or should I just overlook it?
Reply 1
He’s trying to say it’s nothing major and can I just understand as he still wants to be friends but I can’t help feeling like he’s disrespected me majorly.
well i would be kinda annoyed if my current bf is talking to an ex flame... maybe you have a bad vibe ab out you and maybe she thinks your up to something at the end of the day its slightly rude but its his relationship with his girl which he probably values over you.. so theres nothing you can really do
He's probably just trying to avoid a fight with his gf.
She might be the jealous type or prone to having temper tantrums.
Reply 4
Original post by rebeccaxrss
well i would be kinda annoyed if my current bf is talking to an ex flame... maybe you have a bad vibe ab out you and maybe she thinks your up to something at the end of the day its slightly rude but its his relationship with his girl which he probably values over you.. so theres nothing you can really do

Yup I’ve stopped talking to him but will be with him again as soon as uni starts so it’ll be awkward

He was really apologetic and wants to continue talking to me and he has said to a friend we have in common that she has lots of male friends with whom she’s very friendly.
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
He's probably just trying to avoid a fight with his gf.
She might be the jealous type or prone to having temper tantrums.

Yup I know this is the case but it still feels like a slap in the face I was really shocked.
Reply 6
Well if you'd rather he got in a fight over an ex and had to put up with ear ache during lockdown you're not much of a friend anyway... :P

If you'd rather he would have blocked you and stopped talking to you because of her...just block him back.

Either way the issue is with you....not like he made a big deal of it or stopped being your friend. So slap yourself in the face and pull it together....
Original post by Anonymous
Yup I know this is the case but it still feels like a slap in the face I was really shocked.

It's annoying but probably not worth ruining a friendship that you value.
But do be aware that his gf could start demonstrating her jealousy and temper to all his female friends, you might want to warn your mutual female friends.
If a guy I was dating asked to check my social media, email contacts or phone- I wouldn't let him.
Reply 8
Original post by Spanx
Well if you'd rather he got in a fight over an ex and had to put up with ear ache during lockdown you're not much of a friend anyway... :P

If you'd rather he would have blocked you and stopped talking to you because of her...just block him back.

Either way the issue is with you....not like he made a big deal of it or stopped being your friend. So slap yourself in the face and pull it together....

What do you mean telling me to slap myself in the face? I haven’t done anything wrong.
Reply 9
Original post by londonmyst
It's annoying but probably not worth ruining a friendship that you value.
But do be aware that his gf could start demonstrating her jealousy and temper to all his female friends, you might want to warn your mutual female friends.
If a guy I was dating asked to check my social media, email contacts or phone- I wouldn't let him.

Yeah it’s just kinda made me feel awkward to know he needs to hide my friendship but hey ho
I’m acc starting to feel sorry for him now and starting to see maybe he acc has feelings for me which is why he hid me
I’m acc starting to feel sorry for him now and starting to see maybe he acc has feelings for me which is why he hid me

or maybe he just didn't want his current gf to get upset and result to an argument remember your his EX not just a normal female friend..
Just move on from him completely because life is too short for game playing and juvenile nonsense.

You’re clearly not over him.
Original post by YaliaV
You’re clearly not over him.

I am, thank you. Yesterday he sent me a message at 2am that shows I’m right, he has feelings for me and he admitted it.

Also I found it strange he wouldn’t just be honest with his girlfriend and tell her he talks to me.

I have feelings for my friends brother and I wouldn’t go back to my ex ever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending