LakCluck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I find graph theory quite interesting and would definitely want to do either a Math IA and EE on the topic. Which would be more suitable?
Furthermore, I'm open to any and all ideas for Chem, Physics, Econ and Math IAs or EE topics. (Would be cool if they're related to tech, artificial intelligence and such)

Appreciate any answers
username5233862
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know control systems uses tons of applied mathematical results including graph theory (perhaps in hierarchical controls?) and differential geometry. Control systems is definitely tech related, in fact, there is essentially zero tech that has ever been made that doesn't use control systems in some form (steam engines use a governor to control speed, long distance communication uses negative feedback amplifiers to control nonlinearities, thermostats use a system to control temperature, toilets use a control system to prevent overflowing, human beings use control systems to orient themselves, autonomous vehicles use controls to control literally everything they do, etc). If you're interested in tech then definitely do electrical/electronic engineering, although you can definitely pursue control systems from the computer science side of things with "intelligent controls".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (90)
28.57%
No (225)
71.43%

Watched Threads