Biomedicine transfer to Medicine

Watch this thread
rasi637283
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have offers for Biomed from St Georges & Plymouth. Does anyone (preferably students of these unis) know how hard it is to transfer to Medicine in the first year?
Im an EU student so this is my only chance to study Medicine in the UK w home student fees (correct me if im wrong).
Please help me, thanks!!
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I study medicine at St. George's, so I should be able to give you some insight into the Biomed transfer.
First of all, you can't transfer from Biomed to medicine in the first year- the transfer works so that you finish the whole Biomed degree, and then transfer INTO the second year of grad med, so 3 years Biomed and 3 years of grad med= 6 years of studying.
The people who get the transfer are chosen in second year, and it is very competitive(almost all the biomeds are out to get it). The last I heard, there are something like 25 spots for 200 people in the course overall(in second year).
rasi637283
Rep:
(Original post by ultimateradman)
I study medicine at St. George's, so I should be able to give you some insight into the Biomed transfer.
First of all, you can't transfer from Biomed to medicine in the first year- the transfer works so that you finish the whole Biomed degree, and then transfer INTO the second year of grad med, so 3 years Biomed and 3 years of grad med= 6 years of studying.
The people who get the transfer are chosen in second year, and it is very competitive(almost all the biomeds are out to get it). The last I heard, there are something like 25 spots for 200 people in the course overall(in second year).
Thank you so much for your comment! And sorry I mixed things up... as expected its very highly competitive.. thats why I am so hesitant as I had 3 med interviews this year but got rejected from all... However, I know I am capable of studying 10+ hours a day but I cant know for sure if my skills are enough to get in that 25...
I’d think its easier to transfer in Plymouth but maybe getting stuck in biomed would be better in London...
St Georges doesnt seem to be very informative though.. I cant find proper images of the dorms and w Plymouth we hve already had zoom meeting and lots of info in emails..
Are you satisfied with St Georges?
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rasi637283)
Thank you so much for your comment! And sorry I mixed things up... as expected its very highly competitive.. thats why I am so hesitant as I had 3 med interviews this year but got rejected from all... However, I know I am capable of studying 10+ hours a day but I cant know for sure if my skills are enough to get in that 25...
I’d think its easier to transfer in Plymouth but maybe getting stuck in biomed would be better in London...
St Georges doesnt seem to be very informative though.. I cant find proper images of the dorms and w Plymouth we hve already had zoom meeting and lots of info in emails..
Are you satisfied with St Georges?
Yes I would say I'm happy at George's, I feel like any complaints I have go for every other university as well.
Why not take a gap year?
rasi637283
Rep:
(Original post by ultimateradman)
Yes I would say I'm happy at George's, I feel like any complaints I have go for every other university as well.
Why not take a gap year?
since i’m an EU student i’m afraid taking a gap year would mean paying the international student fees.. I’m happy to hear you like it... Do you happen to live in uni accommodation? If yes, how is it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
32%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (57)
45.6%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
21.6%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.8%

Watched Threads