The Student Room Group

Situational judgement uckat- do people answer all 69 questions?

Hi! I’ve been using TSR quite a lot and thought how it’d be useful to make an account. I’m practice for the uckat and wanted to know whether people actually finish all 69 questions in 27 minutes? Because wow that seems quite rough. Overall I’m kind of scared for uckat. What score on uckat is the most reassuring to get?
Reply 1
Yes we do answer all 69 questions on situational judgement! It does seem a lot at first but because there are usually 4-5 questions linked to 1 single situation, this section is actually less time-pressured than most of the other sections! You are starting preparation now, which is a great sign and an early start compared to many (I start preping at August and my test was at late september...). I can almost say it for certain that everyone was intimidated by UCAT at first but you will soon get used to the timings and pressure after about a month of practicing, so you can definitely do really well! Personally, I would recommend using Medify for UCAT or BMAT preparation as it's one of the cheapest yet still providing top quality explanation about the exam and how to ace it. I scored 2790/3600 last cycle which is about top 10% and that's definitely achievable with plenty of practice. As you are already starting to prepare now, I would say you should do a mock paper and get a feeling of how it's like first, then set a target score that you believe is achievable. (I set 2750 - 2800 after the first test, where I got somewhere around 2400 lol...) I would encourage you to be ambitious and aim for 3000 above with so much time to practice but also need to keep in mind that anything above 2650 is already pretty good, so as to not get too obsessed with a very high score and getting too stressed over it, good luck!
Thank you so much! That’s so reassuring. I thought by 69 questions they meant each whole part with the 4/5 mini questions! Yes I will try my best! I want to do the test quite early on so I can get over it. Thank you so much for your insight!

Quick Reply

Latest