Is this a good book idea or should I just scrap it?

Watch
RodStewertFan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I got a main book idea about elf's flying planes to harras and then try and kill some human with special powers, it's going to be a science fiction Stephen King horror style written novel.

But is this a crappy idea?
I also have a secondary idea, a comedy novel about a dodgy landlord and a lazy tenant.
Should I just do this instead?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You lost me at elf...

Try the second.
RodStewertFan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
You lost me at elf...

Try the second.
Elf type thing. Creatures of some sort. Green with the ears ect. More scary then elf basically.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by RodStewertFan)
Elf type thing. Creatures of some sort. Green with the ears ect. More scary then elf basically.
Yes, but I couldn't get Will Ferrell out of my head!
Brutal Bee
Badges: 22
Report 6 months ago
Second idea seems nicer, but then again, this is your novel. Personally don't like fantasy (love horror) so I might be biased.
RodStewertFan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Brutal Bee)
Second idea seems nicer, but then again, this is your novel. Personally don't like fantasy (love horror) so I might be biased.
But doesn't Stephen King do horror that's not believable?
twinklelittlstar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Heyy!! Lol I love these posts. I think the first idea is really imaginative, and the second sounds hilarious. Why not try to plot both of them out and see where they lead you? You might enjoy one plot over the other. Also, they're ideas which call for very different moods. One day you might be super inspired to write one story, the next another. Perhaps you can write both of them at the same time... that's all on you. Do get back to me if you decide to post your story online!! I'd love to read it
RodStewertFan
Rep:
?
(Original post by twinklelittlstar)
Heyy!! Lol I love these posts. I think the first idea is really imaginative, and the second sounds hilarious. Why not try to plot both of them out and see where they lead you? You might enjoy one plot over the other. Also, they're ideas which call for very different moods. One day you might be super inspired to write one story, the next another. Perhaps you can write both of them at the same time... that's all on you. Do get back to me if you decide to post your story online!! I'd love to read it
Well I was thinking of writing a fictional Stephen King type horror novel about mysterious elf type creatures attacking a guy from planes.
But I was now thinking of just adding landlord funnies inside the novel instead of making two novels. If that makes sense.

And ofcourse I'll send you the book when finished.
twinklelittlstar
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Well I was thinking of writing a fictional Stephen King type horror novel about mysterious elf type creatures attacking a guy from planes.
But I was now thinking of just adding landlord funnies inside the novel instead of making two novels. If that makes sense.

And ofcourse I'll send you the book when finished.
Yup, I can totally see that. You can always give the elves a social system which makes some elves ****ter and some cooler. Or the ship they travel in is rented to some lady who likes elf pudding...lmao don't pay me any mind xD My stories always turn out weird af. Good luck with your enterprise!!! It's looking good :cool:
RodStewertFan
Rep:
?
Yup, I can totally see that. You can always give the elves a social system which makes some elves ****ter and some cooler. Or the ship they travel in is rented to some lady who likes elf pudding...lmao don't pay me any mind xD My stories always turn out weird af. Good luck with your enterprise!!! It's looking good :cool:
I just want to make alot of money as an author you see.
twinklelittlstar
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I just want to make alot of money as an author you see.
aha. right. you're definitely gonna need a lot of luck then

Name:  giphy-2.gif
Views: 10
Size:  79.5 KB
RodStewertFan
Rep:
?

Or.. alot of talent.
RodStewertFan
Rep:
?

Don't you think
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.41%
I'm not sure (45)
4.32%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (310)
29.78%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.59%
I'm not a current university student (509)
48.9%

Watched Threads