What does it really mean to be burnt out from revision?

Watch
rsidofdhoidsh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I can't tell if I've been feeling burnt out or what but essentially, since September I've been revising super long hours and recently I can't seem to properly do any revision so Idk if I'm "burnt out" or if I'm being lazy
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You are more likely burned out
rsidofdhoidsh
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
You are more likely burned out
:/ Idk what to do though because I'm working towards resits since I don't have faith in my predicted grades.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by rsidofdhoidsh)
:/ Idk what to do though because I'm working towards resits since I don't have faith in my predicted grades.
It won't be bad if you took a break for more than usual or took more breaks. You have a lot of time till you need to resit.
rsidofdhoidsh
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
It won't be bad if you took a break for more than usual or took more breaks. You have a lot of time till you need to resit.
Yeah, you're right. Thanks!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by rsidofdhoidsh)
I can't tell if I've been feeling burnt out or what but essentially, since September I've been revising super long hours and recently I can't seem to properly do any revision so Idk if I'm "burnt out" or if I'm being lazy
Hi rsidofdhoidsh!

If you have been revising for super long hours then it probably is burn out. Take breaks from time to time and make sure you are actually doing something that you enjoy in your breaks as this might help lift your motivation.
When revising maybe revise for 45 mins and then take a 10 minute break then repeat (or find out what times work best for you).
Also try different revision techniques which you don't normally use as this might help such as flash cards (my personal favourite), mind maps (stick them on the wall if possible), getting someone to test you (also my favourite), revising with a friend (try not to get distracted).

Hope this helps!

Erin - Official Student Rep
rsidofdhoidsh
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi rsidofdhoidsh!

If you have been revising for super long hours then it probably is burn out. Take breaks from time to time and make sure you are actually doing something that you enjoy in your breaks as this might help lift your motivation.
When revising maybe revise for 45 mins and then take a 10 minute break then repeat (or find out what times work best for you).
Also try different revision techniques which you don't normally use as this might help such as flash cards (my personal favourite), mind maps (stick them on the wall if possible), getting someone to test you (also my favourite), revising with a friend (try not to get distracted).

Hope this helps!

Erin - Official Student Rep
Wow! Thanks, I appreciate that you've given me some nice advice - I'm gonna try to take on board what you've said about more breaks and different techniques! Ty again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (168)
58.33%
I don't have everything I need (120)
41.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise