Coronavirus: current understanding, vaccines, school closures and more

Watch
Official House of Commons
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
The House of Commons Library and the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST) have published a range of materials which you may find interesting during this period:

What do we know about Covid-19? What is the mortality rate, the doubling time and other key epidemiology terms?

How can social interventions like school closures and the ban of mass gatherings help fight Covid-19? How effective are these measures and how long should they be in place for?

A breakdown of the current efforts to develop a vaccine for Covid-19. Who is working on a vaccine? When might one become available to the public?

See our coronavirus page for further briefings on topics like business, travel, policing and more. The page will be regularly updated but as this is a fast-moving issue, each piece should be read as accurate at the time of publication.
--
About: The House of Commons Library is a research and information service based in the UK Parliament. We publish politically impartial and rigorously fact-checked research to help MPs and their staff scrutinise legislation, develop policy, and support constituents. More info:About the House of Commons Library.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thanks House of Commons, nice to see you on here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (121)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.32%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.35%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.44%

Watched Threads